The government today announced a set of restrictions to be imposed during the nationwide one-week strict lockdown from 14-21 April.
The Cabinet Division has issued a gazette notification on Monday signed by Deputy Secretary Md Rezaul Islam, with certain rules and regulations.
- All government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices / financial institutions will be closed and all employees must take position at their work stations. However, this rule is not applicable to air, sea, river, land ports and their concerned offices;
- Bangladesh Supreme Court will issue necessary directives for the courts;
- All modes of transports (road, sea, rail, domestic and international flights) will be closed. this order is not applicable in case of transportation of commodities, production and emergency services;
- Industries and factories will be run by their own management complying with the health guidelines. However, the organisations have to ensure transportation of their workers.
- Law enforcement and other emergency services such as agricultural elements (fertilizer, seeds, pesticides, equipment etc), crops and transportation, relief distribution, health services, covid-19 vaccination, electricity, water, gas/petroleum, fire service, port activities (land, river, sea), telephone and internet (government- private), media (print and electronic media), private security systems, post and other emergency and essential products and services related offices, their employees and vehicles are not included in the ban;
- Except for absolute necessity (medicine and daily essential products, treatment, burial/funeral etc), no one can go outside. However, one can go for vaccination by showing the vaccine card.
- Food shops and hotels-restaurants will be open for takeaway/online from 12 pm to 7 pm and 12 am to 6 am. Shopping malls and other shops will be closed.
- Kitchen markets materials and daily necessities can be bought and sold in the open from 9am to 3pm in accordance with hygiene rules. Market authorities / local administration will confirm the matter.
- The district administration will coordinate the transportation of agricultural labourers in urgent need of Boro paddy harvesting.
- District and field administrations across the country will take effective steps to implement the guidelines and law enforcement will intensify regular patrols;
- Director General of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will give the necessary powers to the district administration and the police department to take legal action on his behalf;
- Ministry of Religious Affairs will issue guidelines on the congregation of Jumma and Tarabi prayers following health rules.
- In order to implement the appropriate instructions, the concerned Ministry / Department may issue supplementary instructions as required.