YouTube cooking channels also add to the evolution of cakes in Bangladesh by producing fool-proof, hassle-free recipes which avoid all the mess of following customary cake recipes. These are frequently recreated by the local baking enthusiasts and thus are born more pastry chefs.
In the spirit of discovering your inner pastry chef, here are three cake recipes that will not only meet those midnight cake cravings but are especially designed for the one-minute-cooks.
Easy Oreo cake
Ever wondered if it's possible to make a cake without flour, eggs, butter and sugar? Then this recipe is for you! It's a great recipe to try out amid the pandemic. The 3-ingredient cake ticks the boxes of easy, convenient and delicious.
3 cups of Oreo or any chocolate sandwich biscuits
1 ½ cups of milk
2 ¼ tsp baking powder
1. Separate the cream from the biscuits and crush the biscuits finely.
2. Add milk and baking powder to the crushed biscuits. Mix it all together with the cream and pour the mixture in a dish or cake mold.
3. Bake it in a preheated oven at 170C for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Butler's style lava cake
Every cake-lover in Bangladesh will agree that Butler's signature lava cake is to die for! This recipe is catered to all of us who can't get out in the current circumstances and grab a slice. What makes it even easier is that it's made in a mug!
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2/3 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Nutella or any chocolate spread
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
2. Pour in the milk and oil until forming a mixture.
3. Pour half of the batter in a microwave-safe mug and add Nutella. Now add the other half.
4. Microwave the cake for 70 seconds. You can have it right away or let it cool a little. Top it with any ice cream of your choice.
3. Mug pancake
The way pancakes have replaced typical cakes and pastries as dessert or even breakfast these days is nothing new. This recipe is crafted to give you the taste of fluffy pancakes minus the hassle of washing greasy pans and that too, in a minute!
1 tbsp butter
3 to 4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1. Melt the butter in a mug in the microwave and add baking powder, sugar, flour and milk to it. Mix until smooth.
2. Microwave for exactly one minute. You can top the mug pancake with butter and a dash of honey or maple syrup.