No action has been taken so far based on the recommendations of a probe report which investigated allegations of state-run hospitals receiving substandard masks instead of the N95 variant.
Even health ministry officials are avoiding the topic, remaining tight-lipped whenever asked about the report findings.
But anti-corruption activists want to know what the report found and see its recommendations in action.
Dr Iftekharuzzaman, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) said the government should update citizens about the issue.
"Citizens have the right to know about the initiatives taken by the government against the allegations," he said, adding, "We are happy that under the orders of the prime minister, a probe committee was formed and they submitted the report. Now, it is essential to inform the people about the report and actions."
Blaming the senior health ministry officials, the TIB chief said, "If there is a perfect investigation, people can evaluate after it is published. I am afraid that somebody is trying to save someone by hiding the report. Earlier, when the allegations came out, we saw that it was portrayed as mistake."
The members of the probe committee and senior officials of the health ministry refused to talk about the findings and the latest updates of the probe report.
Earlier, Habibur Rahman Khan, additional secretary of the health ministry and focal person of the ministry's media cell, said the probe committee submitted the report to the secretary.
"He may send it to the division concerned for examining it. If the report is accepted, the ministry will take actions as per the report's recommendations," Habibur added.
During the first week of April, social media erupted with allegations that substandard masks were being supplied to several state-run hospitals, although those hospitals were supposed to receive N95 masks.
Senior health ministry officials have been criticised by different sections of society as they were trying to term the whole controversy as a "mistake," without any investigation.
On April 20, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in a video conference expressed her annoyance over the controversy and ordered a probe into the matter.
After that, the Health Services Division formed a probe committee to investigate the allegations.
The committee was headed by M Saidur Rahman, additional secretary (development) to the Health Services Division, while other members included DGHS Deputy Director M Aminur Rahman and Hasan Mahmud, deputy secretary to the Health Services Division.
The committee was asked to submit the report within three days. But they took another one week to submit it and submitted the report to the Secretary of Health Services Division on April 29.
Since then, no officials have been willing to talk about the issue.