The government has decided to operate flights between Bangladesh and China under special consideration after reviewing the urgency of passengers.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) took the decision on Tuesday.
CAAB decided to allow flights of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, US Bangla Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, and China Southern Airlines to operate passenger flights between two countries.
The conditions will follow the decisions that were taken during the meeting on 16 April chaired by CAAB Chairman, said a press release today.
Besides, the decision will come into effect immediately and will remain valid until 28 April.
The special conditions are listed below:
- Only point-to-point passengers shall be carried.
- All incoming and outgoing passengers must possess PCR-based Covid-19 negative certificates attained within 72 hours of the flight departure time, irrespective of Covid-19 vaccination.
- All passengers coming to Bangladesh shall have to complete a fourteen-day institutional quarantine at government-nominated facilities or at hotels at the passengers' own expenses. Airlines shall issue boarding passes only after ensuring the institutional quarantine arrangements for every concerned passenger.
- Airlines are expected to charge usual airfare as the capacity restriction for the flights are relaxed. Moreover, the ground handling and other relevant charges for these flights will be imposed as scheduled passenger flights.
- Outgoing passengers to all destinations can be carried. However, expatriate workers will get priority to travel over other passengers.
- Passengers are entitled to carry their family members along with them. The expatriate workers will get priority to travel over others' families.
- As for capacity restrictions for outgoing flights from Dhaka, narrow-bodied (Single isle) aircraft will face no restriction. All Wide Bodied ( Twin isle ) aircraft shall carry a maximum of 280 passengers, except B777 and B747 aircraft shall be entitled to carry up to 350 passengers.
- As for capacity restrictions for incoming flights to Dhaka, narrow-bodied (Single isle) aircraft will be able to carry a maximum of 100 passengers while Wide Bodied (Twin isle) aircraft will be able to carry 150 passengers.
- All flights must leave the last row of the economy class and one seat of the business class cabin vacant for any suspected Covid- 19 positive passengers, in both cases of Narrow - Body or Wide Body aircraft.
- Moreover, all health guidelines at the airport or in the aircraft shall be strictly adhered to following the other directives of CAAB.
Earlier, Bangladesh suspended all international flights on 11 April.