Two Bangladeshi representatives of the Guinness World Records have said the crop field mosaic artwork of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, in Bogura's Sherpur upazila, fully complies with the required conditions.
Former vice-chancellor of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Professor Kamal Uddin Ahmed and pathology professor at Bangladesh Agricultural University Emdadul Haque Chowdhury expressed their satisfaction with the portrait after visiting it on Tuesday.
Emdadul said the Guinness World Records had sought some details of the artwork, including the use of crop mosaics and grain types.
He said it is a 400x300 square metre portrait and there is additional space outside the border.
The artwork fully complies with all the Guinness World Records conditions and is ready to make a world record, he added.
"There is a condition of using grains of two different colours. At least 40% of the grains should comprise the base and the remaining 60% should represent the original image. The condition of grain density was complied with and no artificial colour was used in the grains," explained Emdadul.
Professor Kamal said the artwork has 100% similarity with Bangabandhu's sketch.
"The colours used in the sketch are also fully similar. The grain varieties are in the right places. The pictures taken from a drone are also 100% accurate," he said.
He also said a report will be sent to the Guinness World Records headquarters within two to three days and they will decide then.
Sherpur upazila administration is surveying the project and upazila surveyor Habibul Islam Bablu is leading the six-member team.
He said digital instruments were being used for the survey and accurate information will be available after three or four days.
To make the artwork as part of celebrating Mujib Borsho, paddy seedlings were planted on 100 bighas of land. Awami League's Joint General Secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim launched the plantating programme on 29 January.