The Taj Mahal has been shut and tourists have been evacuated this morning after Uttar Pradesh Police received a call about a bomb at the iconic monument in India's Agra.
The call was made to the police helpline, reports NDTV.
Authorities are conducting through checks following the bomb threat.
"This morning, an unknown person called on UP 112 and said there will be a bomb blast at the Taj Mahal. Immediately, as per SOP, our bomb squad and other teams conducted a thorough search of the premises. So far, our field units haven't given any information of such an item being found," Agra's Inspector General A Satish Ganesh told media.
"I would like to assure everyone that 99 percent, it is a hoax call. But we are following the drill," he added.
After being shut for tourists for over six months, the Taj Mahal was reopened for tourists in last September following strict coronavirus safety guidelines. It remained closed since March 17 due to the pandemic.