What difference has five months made? Not much it seems.
When all the Bangladesh cricketers went on strike late last year with their 13-point demands, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) promised that they would work hard and try their best to fulfil those demands.
But on Monday, when the list of centrally contracted players with the national team was announced, it was not increased to 30.
This was the sixth demand by the players and one which the BCB had said it would follow through with five months ago.
Needless to say that this decision by the board has not gone down well with the players.
In fact, the number of centrally contracted cricketers have been reduced from 18 to 17 and one national team regular, citing anonymity has called this a "betrayal".
"This is a betrayal. If someone gives you a word and does not keep it, what do you call it? We didn't think something like this would happen because the board president had given us assurance. This sort of decision is really disappointing," the cricketer told The Business Standard.
Another cricketer, also citing anonymity, was visibly angered at the latest contractual developments: "To some of us, the board means even more to us than our families. When even your family betrays you, where do you go? We should be getting the money we deserve so where is the problem in that?"
However, BCB cricket operations chairman and former national team captain Akram Khan has explained that it was not possible to have 30 centrally contracted players.
"The players wanted 30 centrally contracted players back then and we told them there that it was not possible. 20 players play together in three different formats so how can you give contracts to 30? 20-22 players cover up all three formats so there is no need for 30," Akram told The Business Standard.
A former cricketer also echoed the players' sentiments and added: "This is very unfair for the cricketers. The cricketers have helped the board become as wealthy as they are currently. To not want to spend money behind your assets is very shocking. The bigger point is, these cricketers were given a promise by the board, so why wouldn't they keep it? These decisions will have their effect when the players play in the field, and maybe our board is not realising that."
The BCB selectors tried to increase the number of contracted players to 24 and a list of those players were submitted to the board for approval by chief selector Minhajul Abedin and this was confirmed to The Business Standard by Minhazul on Monday.
That list got cut down to 16 and even though Soumya Sarkar's name was supposed to be included, it mistakenly got cut out.
"We made a list of cricketers to give central contracts to and that had 24 players in it. From there the BCB have shortened it down. We have done our part," Minhazul said.
Another board selector and former national team captain Habibul Bashar did not want to speak too much on the matter: "This decision was made after discussing with everyone. I can't say anything else on the matter of having more players under a central contract.
On October 21, last year, in Mirpur's Academy Ground, the cricketers went on strike with their demands and the sixth demand, read out by Enamul Haque Jr was about the number of players' central contracts being increased to 30.
"The number of cricketers centrally contracted with the national team need to be increased to 30 and the salaries have to be raised. The salaries have remained the same for the last three years," Enamul said.
Many other players like Shafiul Islam, Al-Amin Hossain, Mahedi Hasan and Aminul Hossain, who played matches at different formats in recent times, still remain out of the contract.
It remains to be seen if the board changes their mind on increasing the number of contracted players or not.