US First Lady Melania Trump put out a statement on Monday, condemning last week's Capitol Hill siege that shook America saying, "violence is never acceptable."
"Make no mistake about it, I absolutely condemn the violence that has occurred on our Nation's Capitol," she said in a statement titled "Our path forward' released by the White House, reports the NDTV.
She added that this time is for the United States to "heal in a civil manner."
She also urged people to stop the violence and said, "I implore people to stop the violence, never make assumptions based on the color of a person's skin or use differing political ideologies as a basis for aggression and viciousness."
The 50-year-old also said that the false accusations and "unwanted personal attacks" on her around the riots was "shameful".
Melania extended her condolences to ones killed in the Capitol Hill siege. Four Donald Trump supporters, who had stormed the Capitol last week, had died in the violence. Two police officers had also died.
"Most recently, my heart goes out to: Air Force Veteran, Ashli Babbit, Benjamin Philips, Kevin Greeson, Rosanne Boyland, and Capitol Police Officers, Brian Sicknick and Howard Liebengood. I pray for their families comfort and strength during this difficult time," her statement read.