At least 17 people have been killed and more than 400 injured in a series of explosions at a military base in Equatorial Guinea, officials say.
They say Sunday's blasts in the main city, Bata, were caused by stubble burning by farmers and negligence in the storage of dynamite at the base, reports the BBC.
Almost all buildings and homes in the city suffered "huge damage", President Teodoro Obiang Nguema said.
State television showed people looking for survivors in the rubble.
There are fears the death toll will rise further as some victims may be trapped.
In a statement, President Obiang Nguema said the blasts had been caused "by the negligence of a unit charged with the care and protection of stores of dynamite and explosives" at the Nkoantoma military base.
He said the base "caught fire due to neighbouring farmers clearing farming land by setting it alight, leading to the explosion". The president called for international aid.
In a series of tweets, the health ministry said 420 injured people were being treated in hospitals, and called for volunteer health workers to go to Bata Regional Hospital.
The ministry also asked for urgent blood donations.