A mass shooting in the US city of Minneapolis has claimed the lives of two people and wounded eight others.
According to the city's police department, two men are thought to have opened fire on each other in the early hours of Saturday morning after an altercation in a crowd, reports The Independent.
It's unclear whether the victims were also the gunmen, but police said the two men who died were both males, that no arrests had been made, and that there was no active attack.
One of the eight wounded men is in critical condition in the hospital. The remaining seven – two more men and five women – are not believed to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
John Elder, spokesperson for the Minneapolis Police Department, said: "[Officers] observed numerous other people running through the area. It was a very chaotic scene. Officers dealt with a number of people who had been shot and were laying on the ground."
He added that investigators were now in the process of collecting CCTV from the area.
The shooting took place around 2am local time along the 300 block of North 1st Avenue in the Minnesota city.