Telecom company Robi and the ICT Division's a2i programme have teamed up to create a platform named Idea for goodness for the youth to share their innovative ideas in dealing with the Covid-19 global pandemic in the country.
The ideas could be on the medical solution, technological innovation or social mobilisation- anything that would benefit the country's people during the pandemic time, said a press release on Sunday.
Along with Robi and a2i, UNDP, ICT Division's Startup Bangladesh, Bangladesh Scouts, Bangladesh Brand Forum, iLab, and some other organisations will also be partnering in this initiative.
Unlike typical idea contests, this contest will offer the winning idea contributors to work with the a2i and Robi officials to implement their ideas to make a difference in the fight against the virus in the country.
Besides, the winners of the competition will receive certificates and grand prizes. Their contributions will also be hailed through various government channels as well as in the media.
According to the press statement, the idea submission process will have to be conducted through digital ways. So, the youth need not go out of their homes to submit their ideas.
They just need to record videos of their ideas (maximum three minutes duration), and then post the videos in their respective Facebook, YouTube or Twitter platform with the hashtags- #Ideaforgoodness #Rob #a2i.
The video must be made public so that audience and the authorities concerned could view it. Further details will be available on Robi's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RobiFanz/ and the website: https://www.robi.com.bd/en/personal/brand/stay-home-idea-challenge.
The participant then has to submit the link along with his or her name and contact number through Robi messenger chatbot under the 'Idea for goodness' tab. Youth using any mobile operator's service could participate in the campaign, the press statement said.
The statement said the age limit of participants will be between 18 and 35 and on condition that their submitted ideas are authentic and not plagiarised or copied from any other sources.
Attendees will be held responsible for any claims about their ideas, and any plagiarism will make automatically disqualified from the competition.
Each round of the competition will be 7-day-long from the date of the announcement, with three rounds in total. These dates may be subject to external conditions and change.
The first round started on April 17 and will end on April 23 and the second round will be from April 26 to May 2. The third round will start on May 4 and continue till May 10.
Submissions will not be considered if those are not made in line with the campaign timelines.
According to the press release, the digital engagement on the participants' social media posts will carry 40% marks and the rest 60% will come from a panel of expert judges. The expert panel will score the ideas based on their relevance, ease of implementation, originality, impact and digital integration.
Mahtab Uddin Ahmed managing director and chief executive officer of Robi said, "Our youth never failed in the time of national crises. That's why we have decided to reach out to our youth to show us the pathway to overcoming the current pandemic."
"We are confident with their unique and innovative ideas and believe the nation will be able to overcome the crisis. We are grateful to ICT Division, a2i and all other partnering organisations for joining this initiative," he added.