Every year when OnePlus announces new smartphones, they also discuss the state of software update for older devices. With Android 10 now rolling out, OnePlus had announced that OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 will be rolling out to the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T.
This version of OxygenOS 10 had been in beta for some time, and now, some users are reporting that the stable version of OxygenOS 10 has started rolling out.
The reports come from European users on Reddit and XDA's forums who say that their OnePlus 6Ts are receiving the stable OxygenOS 10 update. XDA confirms that the update is rolling out in a phased manner and that OnePlus 6 users should also be seeing the update soon.
Here is everything the new update will bring for the OnePlus 6/6T users as per the official change log.
Upgraded to Android 10
Brand new UI design
Enhanced location permissions for privacy
New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
• Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
• Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
• New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
• Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
• Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
The new update also brings the security patch level for Android to the October security patch. If you are using an OnePlus 5/5T, yolu can expect the update to roll out for your phones simetime in Q2 2020.