Trainer/Facilitator - Swisscontact
|22 June, 2021
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 39 countries with over 1,400 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social, and environmental development. The focus of systemic interventions in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Swisscontact's headquarter is based in Zurich.
Uttoron-Skills for better life is a skills development project, funded by Chevron is being implemented by Swisscontact. Currently under phase II Uttoron will be working in Sylhet and Dhaka Division and providing training to 2000 community youth. In addition to that Uttoron project will also be establishing a permanent training institute in Habiganj district and work with government to introduce advance welding training in Bangladesh.
Hiring trainer/facilitator for Capacity Development workshop:
Uttoron project is currently looking for experienced trainers and facilitators to conduct multiple batches of a day long capacity development training for primarily selected applicants in Dhaka and Sylhet division. This is a short-term consultancy assignment, and the tasks of the trainers will be as following:
- Facilitate a day long training (multiple batch) by maintaining health and safety precautions for the potential Uttoron trainees based on a customized training module.
- Provide a trainee analysis report on each batch after the training.
Employment modality: Delivery based short term consultancy contract
Place of work: Dhaka, Sylhet, Habiganj and Moulavibazar
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Social Science/other relevant disciplines or equivalent. At least 3-5 years' experience as a lead trainer or as training facilitator.
- Experience in facilitating youth motivational training.
- Experience in developing training modules for youth and vocational training.
- Extensive knowledge of TVET sector of Bangladesh.
- Candidates who can speak in dialect of Sylhet will get preference.
- Working experience with international NGOs.
- Willing to travel inter-district under current situation.
- Available immediately for providing training in Dhaka and Sylhet.
- Excellent analytical capacity.
- Report writing capacity.
Remuneration: A fixed consultancy fee (including travel expenses) will be paid per batch training (number of batches will depend on availability of trainees). VAT and AIT will be deducted from the consultancy fees at source.
Accommodation and pick-and- drop on the day of the training to workshop venue within Sylhet will be arranged by the project. pick-and- drop within Dhaka will not be provided.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to apply with their updated CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 22 June 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend a workshop in Dhaka. After the workshop, the shortlisted candidates will be asked to quote their professional fees to complete each batch of training. Final selection will be made based on the performance in the workshop and proposed consultancy fee per batch.