Technical Coordinator - CARE Bangladesh
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||10 May, 2021|
Position Title: Technical Coordinator - Advocacy and Communication under W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Based at CARE Bangladesh Dhaka Office.
Duration: Duration of the Contract will be for 05 (Five) years.
CARE is one of the world's leading international humanitarian and development organisations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 104 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949 being one of the largest country offices of CARE. CARE works to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. CARE put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE Bangladesh is currently shifting towards a program approach, where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
CARE is implementing numbers of projects under its Dignified Work Program, and currently looking for a Technical Coordinator - Advocacy and Communication the USAID Partnership for an anticipated 5-year USAID project entitled W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh Activity to contribute the area of advocacy and communication in this project. The project will aim to economically empower women by creating decent work and ensuring a life of dignity. It aims to enhance skills and leadership of women in RMG and informal sector in peri-urban areas, build resilience of women workers and their communities to recover from COVID19 related impact and increase responsiveness of institutions. The project will be implemented in Dhaka, Gazipur, Ashulia, Savar, Narayangong and Chittagong. The performance period for the award is slated to begin in or around July 2021. This position is subject to project award and funding.
Technical Coordinator - Advocacy and Communication will play a critical role in organizing national and local level advocacy and communication events. S/he will in coordination with other team members to identify campaign issues and develop innovative ideas/ strategy for campaigns both at grass-root and national levels. S/he will regularly support COP, DCOP and other team members of the project in planning, implementation and management advocacy and communication actions. This position will also ensure effective communication with government, donors, media and other stakeholders. S/he will be primarily responsible for developing strategies and lead and co-ordinate the project's advocacy and communications initiatives. S/he will also play a critical role in establishing and nurturing relationship with national networks and other relevant stakeholders in particular media.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibility # 1: Lead, organize and coordinate the projects advocacy strategy
- Develop advocacy and communication plan for the W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh project
- Undertake research and secondary literature review for developing communication material.
- Lead documentation for the project as well as other important documentation related to women empowerment program.
- Take lead to implement advocacy plans and ensure necessary technical and backstopping support for partners and project staff.
- Take a lead in organizing dissemination and advocacy events as worked out in overall strategies.
- Engage Trade Union, Employer Association, civil society actors including supportive media personnel to cover issues as and when required.
- Ensure that all communication products are of high quality and delivered in timely manner.
- Represent W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh project in national and local networks.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for the project.
- Lead to develop all publication related activities for W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh project.
Responsibility # 2: Collaborate and organize advocacy events with relevant external stakeholders
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to implement the objectives of the project objective.
- Organize advocacy events with relevant stakeholders like Ministry of Labour and Employment, DIFE, BEF, Women and Children Affairs, BGMEA, BKMEA, Local Gov.
- Organize events at factory, community, regional and national levels ensuring that all events contribute to each other.
- Work closely with COP, DCOP and project team to develop effective relationship with factory management and other projects working on career advancement.
- Assist in building capacity of partner organization for design and implementation of campaigns. Develop quality communication product for sharing with different stakeholders at different level.
- Identify and oversee consultants/ resource organizations providing technical assistance for developing campaign materials and tools.
- Provide technical support to the advocacy partners to implement advocacy initiatives.
Responsibility # 3: Prepare policy/learning briefs, best practices guidelines and case studies to generate resources for evidence-based advocacy, and link these lessons to CARE's programming on women empowerment and violence against women in particular.
- Work with the project team to prepare policy briefs and best practices, in line with advocacy, communications and learning strategies.
- Develop necessary guidelines for identifying best practices and case studies.
- Provide technical support to project team and CBDO staff as and when necessary.
- Ensure that policy/learning briefs are of high standard both in terms of content and design.
Responsibility # 4: Assist COP, DCOP and other colleagues in planning, implementation and supervision of the project.
- Contribute to the development of W-GDP Women Thrive project's operational plan and strategy.
- Provide strategic and technical support to field staffs of CARE and PNGOs especially in the area of social mobilization, advocacy and communication.
- Undertake field visits and share field findings with concerned individuals/colleagues and supervisor.
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the project management or the organization.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of capacity building of project staff.
- Provide feedback and support team to develop module or manual on capacity building for workers and other relevant issues.
Responsibility # 5 Adhere to and support CARE Bangladesh's Safety and Security policy and systems
As part of this role, the job holder will be expected to adhere to and support CARE Bangladesh's Safety and Security policy and systems as part of their day to day duties, and comply, at all times, to safety & security protocols and directives, including reporting. Staff must maintain situational and self – awareness and be aware of the safety – security related consequences of their actions upon themselves, their team and the organization as a whole.
Responsibility # 6 Safeguarding
CARE is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and expects staff to promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at all times. CARE expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate this commitment are recruited to work with us.
Reporting to: Technical Coordinator - Advocacy and Communication reports directly to Chief of Party (COP)
This is a Dhaka based position with approximately 50% of the time spent in the field. The rest of the time will be used to prepare strategies, guidelines and reports and to plan and organize advocacy workshops meetings with stakeholders as per the requirements of the W-GDP Women Thrive project as well as Dignified Work Program.
- At-least 5-6 years of experience with 3 years at senior level especially in the areas of advocacy and communications.
- Experience in RMG sector and preferred.
- Masters in Social Science, Mass Communication, Journalism or other relevant discipline with emphasis on development.
- Ability to develop relationship with various stakeholders independently like Ministry etc.
- Excellent written and spoken skills both in English and Bangla. Language skills is a mandatory requirement for this position.
- Good understanding on Workers' Rights and women's issues in Bangladesh.
- Strong presentation skills and good knowledge on political context and policies relating to women's and girl's rights.
- Knowledge of key organizations/advocacy coalitions and movements at local and national level working to address child marriage/promote women's and girl's rights.
- Experience in implementing communications strategies on issues of women's rights/ social change.
- Fluency in English and Bangla is required
- Computer proficiency in MS words, MS-Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint.
- Communicating and sharing ideas of information: able to present information and express opinions confidently to internal and external audience.
- Creativity: Ability to think creatively and translate creative thinking in tangible outputs.
- Influencing: Ability to generate commitment and build consensus among others and gain their support.
- Excellent presentation, communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Bengali.
- A true team player.
- Planning and Organizing: Able to define work goals and objectives and execute work-plans and contribute to the achievement of workgroup objectives.
- Other key competencies include analysis, facilitation, networking and collaboration, negotiation and strategic decision making.
- Ensure and Promote GEDI and be GEDI sensitive, creating an enabling environment where diversity can flourish and all staff and stakeholders experience inclusion and appreciation.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh's vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE's mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate. In addition, CARE offers Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Leave Encashment, Life and Health Insurance, Working Mother Benefits, Day care Facilities etc.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh's e-recruitment site: https://career.carebangladesh.org/ on or before May 10, 2021.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- CARE Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of CARE Bangladesh.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
- To ensure transparent processes during recruitment, internal candidates should discuss potential applications with their Line Managers to ensure endorsement of their applications by respective Line Managers.
- There is no cost involved with applying for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.