Sr. Staff Software Engineer (Front End)
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Sector||IT & Telecommunication|
|Deadline||30 April, 2021|
Augmedix converts natural clinician-patient conversations into precise medical documentation and offers live support, including referrals, orders, and reminders, allowing clinicians to focus on what matters most, caring for patients. Augmedix services are trusted by over one dozen American health systems and hundreds of independent clinicians supporting medical offices, clinics, hospitals and telemedicine. Augmedix has been documented to save clinicians 2–3 hours per day, increase productivity by as much as 20%, and improve clinician work-life balance over 40%.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Frontend Engineer with full-stack experience to join our expanding engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve and scale our frontend applications to drive product innovation and success. You will have the ability to own large features from start to finish. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup.
We are honored to be recognized as a Red Herring Top 100 Company. We are creating a metrics-driven company culture that empowers employees to innovate, to learn about new technologies, to grow their careers, and to help each other succeed. We want to challenge you with open-ended and complex problems and provide a mission-driven environment to help you achieve success and to improve patient health.
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to iterate on requirements, UI/UX designs.
- Develop new user-facing features using modern frontend tools.
- Own large features from design to implementation to deployment.
- Implement high-performing and reusable UI components and design systems.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure best security practices, including validating all user input before submitting to back-end services.
- Write comprehensive unit tests to ensure maintainability and stability.
- Support fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience building web applications.
- 4+ years experience in developing production code for a customer-facing SaaS product in a full-stack or frontend role.
- Experience in using (or building) REST APIs.
- Experience in planning and owning the implementation of a large feature and putting it into production.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Very strong knowledge of SASS and modern frontend workflow.
- Ability to work with ES6.
- Strong understanding of JS task runner like gulp, webpack or similar.
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Capable of creating UI library or kit (e.g Bootstrap, Foundation, JS components).
- Sound knowledge of Unit, integration, and end to end testing.
- Good communication skills and fluent level of English.
- Prior knowledge and experience in building responsive consumer-facing applications.
- Experience in component based single page applications.
- Experience in building responsive and consumer-facing applications.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with design and UX principles of web interfaces.
- Familiarity or experience of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in writing unit tests.
- Experience with backend technology (PHP, NodeJS, Java or similar).
- Typescript and Angular.