Software Developer - Democracy International
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Sector||IT & Telecommunication|
|Job Location||Not Specified|
|Deadline||10 May, 2021|
No of vacancies: 01
The USAID-funded Strengthening Political Landscape (SPL) program in Bangladesh, implemented by Democracy International (DI), is designed to improve the capacity of political parties to operate effectively and democratically, improve the environment for meaningful collaboration between political parties and politically active citizen organizations, and improve democratic attitudes and reduce conflict in the political parties to help strengthen the political landscape in Bangladesh.
DI is recruiting a Software Developer, who will be able to assist the IT Project Manager to quickly develop/upgrade and deploy web applications in multiple servers. The candidate will have to develop manageable code and follow standard practices. This is a position is for a full-time employee.
- Ability to work on multiple web applications, including the development of web platforms, and upgrading existing web platforms.
- Receiving and incorporating input from multiple project stakeholders.
- The candidate will be responsible for:
- accelerating the development process.
- Improving website security.
- Updating the user interface.
- Implementing new features, as needed.
- Automate the deployment process.
Qualification and other Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
- Be resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Must have l knowledge of developing e web applications.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Ability to work with different teams from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience using:
- PHP, Laravel
- Linode VPS (While development), Managing shared hosting.
- Demonstrated experience using data visualization libraries.
- Knowledgeable about Linux server.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- All applications must include an application letter addressing relevant qualifications and an updated resume.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- No phone calls please.
Send materials to: [email protected]
Deadline: May 10, 2021