SDC Midwife - Good Neighbors
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||02 June, 2021|
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 16 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 special projects in 12 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income generating activities and emergency response.
About the Project:
In 2019 GNB has been launching a project namely KOICA CHW Project at Bochaganj, Dinajpur District. GNB has a MOU with DGFP (Directorate General of Family Planning) for the improvement of maternal and neonatal health through the mobilization of CHW (Community Health workers). This project has plan to operate two 24/7 Safe Delivery Centres at 01 No Nafanagar and 02 No Ishania Union to ensure normal delivery service in the community level under the existing UH&FWCs (Union Health & Family Welfare Centre). Now the project is intending to recruit suitable experienced and skilled personnel for the following position.
Position: SDC Midwife
Number of Vacancy: 04
Job Location: Bochaganj Upazila, Dinajpur
Employee Status: Contractual
Project Period: June to December'21 (07 Months only)
Major duties and responsibilities:
Management Supportive Role:
- Ability to make 24/7 Safe Delivery Centre (SDC) operational and management plan
- Develop standard procedure or protocol of SDC to ensure quality service by ANC, normal Delivery and PNC services
- Manage initiation & implementation of round clock service in the target SDC
- Any other responsibilities given by the management for the betterment of the project
24/7 Safe Delivery Centre Operation:
- Available for 24/7 hours in the SDC for quality normal delivery service
- Conduct ANC & PNC service to the mothers as per Govt. protocol
- Manage obstetric emergencies and referral system in coordination with CHW and UH&FWC staffs
- Conduct normal deliveries including appropriate monitoring, intervention and maintain service protocol to avoid risk factors
- Ensure infection prevention and control (IPC) measures at SDC
- Maintain and manage SDC (registers & record keeping, equipment & inventory lists)
- Prepare narrative and statistical data reports (monthly, as when) based on SDC services
- Participation in CHW Supervisor & Govt. Health workers meeting
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Working in close collaboration with UH&FWC govt. officials
- Communicate and coordinate with GNB CDPs & Head Office sector personals to ensure development of GN collaboration
- Keep good communication with local hospitals for partnership cooperation and support
- Understanding of govt. line facilities (UHC to MCH) and keeping good communication
Attitudes, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional Cordial Behaviour: Ability to be very cordial to the pregnant mothers or patients to create motivational interest to come and habitual to SDC.
- Communication: Good ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally, good report writing skills in English.
- Attitude: Having the highly transparent and positive attitude towards providing service to the community pregnant mothers.
- Diploma in Midwifery from Govt. or other recognized institution with a BNMC registration.
- Have experience and capacity at least 1-2 years in conducting normal delivery service and have good knowledge of ANC & PNC service as per Govt. standard protocol.
- Only female candidates are allowed to apply
- .She has to stay at SDC accommodation without family.
- Good health and fitness.
- Computer literacy is must (MS-word, excel)
- Monthly salary will be BDT. 27000.
- She will have 03 months' probation period
- Performance based increment after probationary period
If you are the right personnel for the position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: Please download the prescribed format from the GNB homepage: http://gnbangla.org/jobs/ and email your application to: [email protected] by 2nd June 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment.
* Only Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Address: KOICA CHW Project office, T&T Road/Melagachi, P.O: Setabganj, P.S: Bochaganj, Dinajpur.
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.