Psychologist - ActionAid
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Cox's Bazar|
|Deadline||19 May, 2021|
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
(Only women are encouraged to apply)
Project: Promoting Women and Girls' Empowerment through enhancing protection and economic resilience of Rohingya Women and Adolescent Girls in 3 camps, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Location of posting: Cox's bazar
Types of contract: Fixed term contract
Duration of contract: Up to 30 April 2022
Number of position: 01
Salary & Benefit: Monthly Gross Salary will be BDT. 74,600 with other admissible benefits such as mobile & internet allowance, medical benefit, group life insurance etc
It has now been over two years since the influx of Rohingya people to Ukhiya and Teknaf Upazilas of Cox's Bazar district in Bangladesh. To respond to this crisis, ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) provided support to Rohingya people in two sectors, one is Site management & site development, and another is protection. Livelihoods enhancement is key to achieving protection. In addition to building resilience, avoiding aid dependency, preventing the development of potentially harmful coping mechanisms and improving social capital, it enables refugees to contribute to local economies, as well as to their future (re)integration within their former country of residence or in any other country.
The Food Security Sector (FSS) through its Livelihoods Working Group, advocates for activities that enable refugees to move towards self-reliance and socio-economic empowerment. The Livelihoods Working Group promotes activities using 06(six) approaches: 1. INCLUSION and RESILIENCE 2. SOCIAL COHESION 3. MARKET-BASED: 4. EFFECTIVENESS 5. ENVIRONMENT 6. SAFETY NETS. "Promoting women and girls' empowerment through enhancing protection and economic resilience of Rohingya women and adolescent girls in 3 camps" project, supported by UN Women, has incorporated these approaches.
This project has extended its livelihood activities to provide a complementary service to Rohingya women and girls to ensure their protection. Skill trainings on different trade are included in Livelihood activities where production plays a great role to achieve economic resilience of program participants. The Psychologist will carry out the following:
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Roles and responsibilities
- Overall planning and providing psychosocial support to the affected communities, based on their need and context following the "Do No Harm" principle
- Provide individual or group psychological support such as counselling and support to Rohingya women and adolescent girls referred by the team in line with case plan objectives.
- Must provide group psychological counselling support for Rohingya communities.
- She has to provide basic level counselling to those that have lost family members and to those that are facing increased level of distress.
- Closely monitor and document the psychological progress of cases referred by the case management officer.
- Refer cases and liaise with relevant sectoral focal in the assigned camps.
- Develop technical reports on specific cases identified during the individual psychological support sessions.
- Conduct awareness session for promotion of Social Cohesion by Preventing Stigma, and Stereotypes.
- Assist in developing content and facilitating Para counselling and Psychological First Aid training for community support group and Rohingya volunteer.
- Respect confidentiality of information without sharing it with any other party, also ensure that information obtained during meetings is dealt with confidentially.
- Share weekly/bi-weekly update of psychosocial counselling support provided to participants with project team.
- Coordinate feedback meetings with the team.
Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate the desire and willingness to support AAB and UN Women in supporting refugees, especially those with specific needs.
- Provide services without any financial returns or other forms of remuneration or exchange from UN Women, AAB or from refugees (Note: accepting gifts or money from refugees leads to termination of the volunteering activity immediately).
- Pledge to interact with the refugees fairly with respect and dignity, as well as act responsibly.
- Respect confidentiality of information without sharing it with any other party.
- Ensure that information obtained during meetings is dealt with confidentially.
- Contribute to building a harmonious environment, based on team spirit, mutual respect and understanding.
- Behave properly and positively with refugees, both professionally and personally, in accordance with the highest standards.
- Perform duties and conduct private affairs in a manner that avoids conflicts of interest.
- Treat refugees equally without discrimination, as well as in accordance with the principles and standards of AAB and its Code of Conduct.
- Refrain, prevent, oppose and combat all exploitation and abuse of refugees and other persons of concern, including those of a sexual nature.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual activity with children below 18 years old.
- Refrain from any involvement in criminal or unethical activities, activities that contravene human rights, or activities that compromise the image and interests of Penny Appeal and other humanitarian agencies.
- Demonstrate permanent readiness to carry out the tasks required to help others unconditionally.
The person holds this position will be reportable to Project Manager
Required Educational Qualification and Experiences
- Masters / Bachelor's degree in Psychology from a public/private university.
- At least 3 years or more of sound experience in protection and GVB minimum standards and basic principles
- Fluency in local (languages) required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect is essential.
- Ability to work independently and foster a team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Skills in report writing, documentation and presentation.
- Gender sensitive and familiar with humanitarian principles, Human Rights Based Approach.
- Good knowledge of using internet and software packages (i.e. MS Office, etc).
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Wednesday, 19 May 2021. Due to emergency, recruitment will be on rolling. The interested candidates are requested to apply before deadline.
- Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
N.B: There is no cost involved with applying for positions with ActionAid Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent. www.actionaid.org/Bangladesh