Project Manager - Danish Refugee Council
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||18 April, 2021|
Position: Project Manager (GBV)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world's leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox's Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The GBV Manager will ensure the effective day-to-day planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of DRC's GBV programming in the assigned locations.
The GBV Manager will support the technical management and lead the operational management of DRC's GBV intervention through case management (including strengthening referrals and providing responses), community engagement and awareness and training components, in both quality and delivery, in line with the agreed projects, ensuring the protection context is well understood and the programme adapted to ensure mitigation of risks and response to GBV protection concerns. The GBV Manager will play a key role in capacity building and mentoring GBV staff on GBV standards, tools, approaches, and communicating effectively with affected populations. The GBV Manager will also contribute to the development of DRC's strategy and contribute to developing GBV related proposals and engage with other protection actors within the protection sector to ensure effective coordination and collaboration externally and internally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Program Development & Implementation
- Ensure high-quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC policies, regulations, and accountability framework, as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, work plans, and M&E plans.
- Provide day-to-day management of DRC's GBV programme and direct line management of national GBV staff.
- Develop concrete initiatives to reduce GBV risks and specific strategies to build upon assets/capacities/initiatives within the refugee and host community populations.
- Assess GBV protection needs and identify problems/gaps and propose/prioritize timely practical actions to respond to particular protection problems specific to GBV and/or gender more broadly.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs and response protocols/practice for technical GBV programming including prevention, case management, crisis response and referral systems, ensuring Do No Harm through effective training and phased approach to implementation of response.
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy.
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed project specific work plan(s) to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met within the overall grant timeline and budget.
- Provide regular financial spending forecasts and monitor financial spending and budgets for all GBV projects in Cox's Bazar.
- Liaise with relevant departments (such as Logistics, Finance-Administration, Human Resources, and Safety) to facilitate the required resources to be allocated to the program to permit efficient and effective implementation of DRC GBV operations.
- Develop and complete project monitoring tools in accordance with Interagency guidelines and GBV Sub-Sector strategic decisions. Undertake quality control and site monitoring to ensure that services provided are according to international best practice standards. Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for DRC M&E purposes
- Prepare timely and accurate donor and management reports on GBV projects.
- Work closely with Protection Coordinator to develop quality proposals, concept notes, and budgets.
- Contribute to gender mainstreaming internally and externally with partners that are in the same operational areas.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the DRC Protection Unit, in close collaboration with the DRC Protection Coordinator, including, participation in country-level sector strategy planning as well as field-level sector initiatives.
Staff Management & Capacity Development:
- Directly line manage GBV team leaders and supervise the entire GBV teams in Cox's Bazar. Set clear objectives for the GBV team and do timely performance evaluations. Conduct recruitment of GBV staff as needed.
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines.
- Develop the capacity of national staff in all aspects of program development and implementation, with the goal of facilitating nationalization of the program management role in 2021.
- Develop staff capacities in gender issues, protection issues, psychosocial support service provision, participatory protection data collection and monitoring, and inclusion of vulnerable groups through training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Conduct case management supervision sessions with GBV staff.
Coordination & Representation:
- Coordinate with the local officials and services of the Ministry for Women and Children Affairs (MoWCA) and other relevant duty bearers as a component of service mapping and to ensure the provision of accurate information to GBV case management clients, as well as to ensure effective referrals when requested by the client.
- Represent DRC in the GBV Sub-Sector; ensure the representation of DRC within relevant GBV task forces. Contribute to Sub-Sector goals and activities through collaboration on trainings, service audits, SOP development, and other interagency projects.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders on the provision of GBV services for refugees and other vulnerable populations and relevant contingency planning.
- With the support of the DRC Protection Coordinator, ensure internal coordination and harmonization of DRC GBV-related activities with DRC's broader humanitarian response – including CCCM, Shelter/NFI/infrastructure, general protection, livelihoods, and child protection.
- Promote improved understanding of GBV issues among all relevant stakeholders and ensure the observance of international protection and humanitarian law standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- An excellent professional track record with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience, technical knowledge, and significant experience working in refugee contexts delivering GBV and psychosocial support services.
- Knowledge of and experience with Gender-Based Violence Information Management System (GBVIMS) including an understanding of conducting data collection within case management and community engagement activities, and data analysis.
- Proven experience in capacity building on Psychological First Aid (PFA) and Psychosocial Support (PSS) at level 3 of the IASC MHPSS pyramid, in accordance with Interagency GBV Case Management Guidelines.
- Proven experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff; strong cultural sensitivity and experience working with persons from various backgrounds.
- Clinical training and experience in addressing the needs of clients exhibiting signs of suicidal ideation, acute- and post-traumatic stress, as well as technical capacity to support needs related to loss and grief.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and manage own time effectively, prioritize and meet deadlines. A high degree of flexibility with respect to working hours.
- Excellent English writing ability and verbal skills for project proposals, reports, and communications.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take responsibility for own actions.
- Knowledge and previous experience of the Rohingya refugee response.
- University or graduate degree in Psychology, Social sciences, Gender studies, Development studies or clinical social work preferred or other relevant fields.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Advance level of English skill
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC's vision and values
- Type of contract: National Position
- Employment Band: F2
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
- Closing Date for Application: 18th April 2021
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees' details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment's supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn't charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.