Project Coordinator - UNHCR
|28 June, 2021
Title of Post: Project Coordinator
Category/grade: LICA-8 (Corresponding level-NOA)
Post Number: One position
Type of contract: 6-months UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement with the possibility of extension
Location: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Date of Issue: 15 June 2021
The Effective Date of Assignment: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 28 June 2021
To respond to the needs of COVID-19 care among UN personnel and partner NGO staff in Cox's bazaar, a Medical Treatment Facility (MTF), that has the capacity of up to 50 bed has been set up with the participation of IOM, WFP, UNICEF, and UNHCR. The services at the facility will be managed by IQARUS, an international agency that has experience in providing medical services in demanding and complex environments.
UNHCR is the contract holder on behalf of the UN organizations. The current contract between UNHCR and IQARUS is until 30th November 2021. The building and equipment setup is completed, and the new facility is ready to provide care for those affected by COVID 19. UNHCR is seeking a project coordinator, who can coordinate the activities of IQARUS with UNHCR and other UN agencies.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Undertake the MTF project coordination on behalf of UNHCR and other UN agencies to ensure smooth running of the facility.
- Closely work with the UNHCR Supply team in handling all matters related to the contract with IQARUS, including any amendments.
- Monitor/track the project progress against the contract and highlight any deviations to UNHCR management attention enabling timely decision making.
- Coordinate with IQARUS in undertaking necessary verifications before funds release/payments by UNHCR.
- Facilitate the inputs required from other UN organizations for the maintenance and upkeep of the building
- Ensure documentation of the project progress from UNHCR's perspective.
- Develop a risk management plan from the UN's point of view share it with the UNHCR management, agree on the mitigations, and monitor the progress
- Contribute to the rescoping the project if needed based on the changes in the epidemic trajectory.
- Lead project evaluation in Dec 2021
- Ensure compliance with the contract terms and conductions by the contractor.
- Submit monthly report to the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Education and experience (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Bachelor's degree Management, Economics, Social Sciences, relevant discipline with 10 years of experience or master's degree with more than five years of experience
- 3-4 years of project management or /related experience
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification will be an asset
- Accounting and financial verification and accounting will be an asset
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Ability to monitor work plans
- Good communication skills especially, oral and writing skills in English
- Negotiation skills and proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with fully complete and signed Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages as well as updated factsheet (internal candidates only) via online: UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Personal History Form not submitted in UNHCR format as well as not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
UNHCR has a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). SEA is unacceptable behaviour and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel. It constitutes acts of serious misconduct and is therefore grounds for disciplinary measures, including dismissal. Any concerns or suspicions about a possible case of SEA should be reported immediately to the Inspector General's Office (IGO) at [email protected] or through the online complain form at https://www.unhcr.org/php/complaints.php or by confidential fax: +41 22 739 73 80.