Programme Officer - WaterAid
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||20 May, 2021|
WaterAid is a global non-government, not-for-profit organisation, working for over 30 years now in changing lives for the betterment in 34 countries around the world. We work to offer clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to underprivileged people globally, through convincing the governments to change laws, linking policy makers with people on the ground, pooling knowledge and resources, and rallying support from people and organisations from different corners of the world – altogether making lasting change happen on a massive scale. Currently WaterAid is looking for a dynamic, committed, passionate and self-driven individual for the position of 'Programme Officer - Engineer' for its country office in Bangladesh.
The position is responsible for guiding, facilitating and supporting WaterAid projects/programmes for implementing Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects in different geographical context through partner organisations. S/he should support and coordinate projects/programmes for designing and implementing context specific, innovative and demand-based WASH infrastructures implemented by partner organisations. S/he will develop technical designs, BOQs, modules and guidelines for ensuring the smooth implementation of projects ensuring desired quality within the given timeframe. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that organisation's technical design manual standard and policies are met by project interventions.
- Play the key role in initiating, guiding, facilitating and supporting implementation of different projects and programmes to ensure quality output
- Develop relevant operational and technical guidelines and modules of WASH interventions.
- Identify and support implementation of demand based (Urban/Rural) WASH technologies,
- Prepare bill of quantity (BoQ), estimation etc. of WASH related interventions.
- Ensure Health & Safety (H&S) policies are adhered during construction and to support programmes/projects on this matter.
- Support programmes and projects planning, budgeting, developing and implementing in line with WaterAid's mission, vision, values and principles.
- Monitor progress, process and quality of project interventions and take necessary corrective measures throughout the project cycle to support partners.
- Continuous review of progress on implementing WASH interventions through partners against plan, identify loopholes, provide appropriate feedback & support to ensure smooth and effective implementation of the projects.
- Drive, achieve and maintain agreed quality and standard during construction for sustainability.
- Coordinate with other teams of WaterAid Bangladesh to ensure providing necessary support to the partner organisations on their needs.
- Suggest context specific innovations of relevant infrastructures and pilot the interventions according to local demand.
- Facilitate in piloting interventions, action research etc. and share best practice/disseminate learning and contribute in knowledge management of the organization
Requisite qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Engineering (Civil /Water Resources) from any recognised University. Master or equivalent degree in Environmental Engineering/Water Resources Engineering/Civil Engineering will get preference.
- Minimum 02 (two) years demonstrated working experience in engineering field in development sector, preferably in Urban WASH.
- Understanding of technical, social, and institutional issues relating to water, sanitation and hygiene education in developing countries.
- Capable to design, drawing and estimate Water and Sanitation infrastructures independently.
- Experience in preparing project work plan and budget; and implementing projects through partner NGOs.
- Experience of working with municipalities/city corporations/WASAs will be considered as added advantages.
- Facilitation and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skill in English
- Working skill on CAD (AutoCAD 2D/3D or similar) is must.
- High level of pro-activeness and creativity, positive attitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to plan and priorities tasks, competent to solve problem, promote integrity and aptitude to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ready to undertake extensive field visits as required.
Reportable to: Programme Manager - Urban WASH
Contract tenure: Fixed Term, for around 02 years, with a possibility of extension
Workstation: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Working hours: Full time (05 days in a week, minimum 37.5 hours per week)
Salary & benefits: Monthly gross salary is BDT 58790, higher salary may be offered to the deserving candidate based on skills, competencies and experiences. Other benefits include provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, life insurance for self, hospitalisation insurance scheme for self, spouse and children, cell phone allowances etc.
If you are passionate to make a difference, courageous to improve lives of the poor with water, sanitation and hygiene, confident to meet organisation's expectations and fulfil the above-mentioned requirements, please
- ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Candidates will have to be ready to go through an extensive selection process.
- Any lobbying will be considered as disqualification.
- Women are specially encouraged to apply.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. Please visit https://www.wateraid.org/uk/safeguarding-at-wateraid