Programme Assistant - IUCN
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Not Specified|
|Deadline||05 February, 2021|
IUCN, represented by its Bangladesh Country Office, is implementing a project with support from the UNHCR to implement human-elephant conflict mitigation activities in and around the forcibly displaced Myanmar citizen's camp in Cox's Bazar. IUCN requires a Programme Assistant for smooth operation of the project in Cox's Bazar, over the project period.
Under the overall guidance from the Country Representative and the Programme Coordinator of IUCN Bangladesh, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer of 'Humanitarian-conservation actions for biodiversity protection around Rohingya refugee camps of Cox's Bazar district project', the Programme Assistant be part of a diversified team and will be responsible for implementing the project activities in Cox's Bazar in the light of the Project Partnership Agreement (PPA) between UNHCR and IUCN.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative and the Programme Coordinator of IUCN Bangladesh, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following matter related to the project:
- Assist the project team in data collection from the fields on human-elephant conflict to understand the nature, scale and related attributes (e.g. population, demography, routes, corridors, environment, social structures, nature of loss and damage caused by elephants, and sensitive issues related to forcibly displaced Myanmar citizens) that are affecting the conflicts;
- Assist in the formation of Elephant Response Teams (ERTs) from refugee and host communities with support from Bangladesh Forest Department, UNHCR, and Camp In-Charge (CIC) of RRRC;
- Assist to organize capacity building activities for ERTs and ensure their effective engagement as per their code of conduct;
- Provide necessary support to GIS and RS related works as and when needed;
- Assist in providing logistics to the ERTs (e.g. high powered search lights, hand mikes, whistles, torch lights, umbrellas, and solar panels) and ensure proper utilization and maintenance of those items;
- Assist in organizing different project events with people of concern and other stakeholders (e.g. discussions, meetings, workshops, training sessions, knowledge sharing events, and promotional opportunities for the project) in Cox's Bazar and other parts of the country;
- Assist the project team members in preparing project documents and reports, including donor reports, event reports, case studies, fact-sheets, and web-stories;
- Assist in collecting information on the impacts, lessons, and challenges of human-elephant conflict mitigation measures undertaken by the project in and around the camp area;
- Assist the project team members, project experts/consultants, UNHCR, RRRC, and the programme development unit of IUCN Bangladesh in project development;
- Ensure that IUCN's and UNHCR's policies and mandates as outlined in the PPA is duly complied with in all project activities; and
- Undertake any other tasks that may be assigned by the Programme Coordinator and the Project Manager of IUCN Bangladesh, from time to time.
- Master's in Zoology, Wildlife Biology, Forestry, Environmental Science or other related fields.
- At least 1-2 years' professional experience relevant to the assignment as defined in the terms of reference.
- Good presentation, writing and spoken communication skills in English and Bangla are essential.
Visit the following link for detailed job description, requirements, and salary and to apply for this position.
This is a local recruitment. Only Bangladeshi nationals are eligible to apply. The recruitment and benefits package for above positions are established with reference to the local labour market and in line with the IUCN conditions of service for Bangladesh.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 5 February 2021