Officer (Internal Audit) - ActionAid
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||24 March, 2021|
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Officer – Internal Audit
Unit : Internal Audit
Location of posting : Dhaka
Types of contract : Regular Contract
Number of positions : 1 (One)
Salary and benefits : Monthly Gross Salary will be 63,579/- with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Manager - Internal Audit, the incumbent is responsible for reviewing and assessing AAB processes controls and practices, as well as related procedures according to the yearly audit plans approved by the Audit Committee. The purpose of these assessments is to provide the Audit Committee and the Board an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve AAB operations.Job Summary
The Officer – Internal Audit will perform management, financial audits in all locations of the AAB working area to review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Establish risk-based audit programs:
- To carry out the operation and financial audit of County Offices, and the Field Offices and client Projects
- Check and verify of all bills, vouchers, vendor payments etc.
- Identify the problems and report to the management within specified time schedule.
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation
- Ensure that all major risks of the Trust are identified, analyzed and strategies to mitigate them put in place
- Preparation and submission of audit /investigation report as per the requirements of the management.
- Reporting to Manager - Internal Audit
- Developing and implementing internal audit procedure and activities.
- Assist in evaluation of internal control systems within the organization.
- Audit the utilization of donor funds disbursed to various projects.
- Other day to day to task assigned by management.
Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Internal Audit Coordinator:
- Preparation audit report and highlighted major audit findings
- Collect management response on audit finding & recommendations.
- Partners' financial capacity building initiatives at the time of auditing
Assist the Coordinator in preparing Audit reports for the Audit Committee:
- To ensure that all reports are incorporated
- To assist identify the major findings
- To assist for classification of rating irregularities
- To follow up and update audit committee decision
To perform Internal audit related any other job requested by Coordinator:
- Non-compliance issues
To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by the audit committee or senior management, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function:
- Follow up
S/he will report to Manager – Internal Audit of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he is expected to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers in team, priority, project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both programme and function of AAB.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- M.Com/MBA in Accounting/Finance
- Chartered Accountancy course completed from reputed firm will be added advantage
- Training on fraud management
- 3 years practical experience on related field specially in Internal Audit
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Good coaching and group leadership skills.
- The ability to influence at all levels
- Willing to visit field frequently.
- Orientation re gender sensitivity.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Strong team working abilities
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is 24 March 2021 (Wednesday)
- Please Click here to submit your application.