Manager/Coordinator-MSD & Policy Advocacy
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||06 March, 2021|
Swisscontact, Bangladesh is inviting applications from experienced development professionals, willing to serve as a Manager/Coordinator-MSD & Policy Advocacy, to its Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme: The Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Project (BMMDP) also known as Bangladesh Agricultural and Disaster Insurance Programme (BADIP) mandated by the Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh envisions fostering inclusive growth in the agriculture and livestock sector in Bangladesh through agriculture and livestock insurance along with risk-reducing embedded extension services. In Phase 1, BMMDP will work with two partners to design, pilot and roll out affordable crop and livestock insurance products and identify distribution channels for rice, maize, potato, vegetables, beef-fattening and other livestock and poultry related activities, reaching at least 633,000 insured farmers by 2024. Swisscontact is acting as the Managing Agent (MA) of the project.
Manager/Coordinator-MSD & Policy Advocacy is a key staff member of the project team and primarily responsible for managing the insurance sector market systems development interventions and policy advocacy activities of the project.
Employment starts: As soon as possible
Contract duration: Initially 1 (one) year (renewable subject to extension of the project).
Place of work: Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme, Dhaka Office. Field visits play a large part in the incumbent's activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as needed and sometimes under short notice.
Number of Position: 01
Educational Qualification: Master's degree from reputed University in any relevant Social Science or Business Administration discipline.
At least 8 years of experience in reputed financial/insurance sector organizations, or national NGOs or INGOs; (S)he should have at least 5 (five) years of progressive experience in project management and stakeholder management at the national level; working experience with the regulatory bodies will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in market facilitation, market systems development and its application to different economic sectors and contexts;
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial/insurance sector;
- Ability to work productively in a highly collaborative setting (is a team player) while also able to operate independently with limited to no supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
- A creative and motivated individual with the ability to think out of the box and take ownership of tasks;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact's core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards differently abled people).
The Manager/Coordinator – MSD & Policy Advocacy is responsible for:
- Support the Team Leader and other team members to implement the project as per the donor mandate
- Contribute to planning, budgeting, monitoring, supervision and documentation of project intervention portfolio
- Lead preparation of partnership strategies, concept notes and intervention plans in compliance with MSD approach
- Lead implementation of activities on the ground and support the Team Leader on strategic decision-making based on ground realities
- Ensure that the project delivers all desired targets on time and with quality
- Assist in liaising with relevant government offices and ensure the achievements of the systemic policy reform outcomes, targets and results;
- Support and coordinate policy intervention tasks and manage technical consultants to meet advocacy related objectives of the project;
- Maintain relationship with private and public sector actors from financial/insurance sector;
- Maintain relationship with existing external stakeholders as the focal person and proactively network with potential collaborators
- Lead development of project portfolio in line with the exceptions of the Donor.
- Work closely with the implementation partners and provide strategic guidance to the project partners for smooth implementation of the projects activities.
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender, governance, Disaster Risk Reduction and Conflict Sensitive Project Management. Assist the project team in insurance context monitoring
- Support in organize knowledge exchange workshops, identify global learning events and exposure visits for the public and private institutions and support the organizations to participate in these events
- Collaborate with other projects within Swisscontact for efficient and effective project implementation and mutual learning
- Support the Team Leader to prepare project progress reports (monthly, bi-annually and annually), including technical reports and other reports as per project requirement
- Take lead in organizing different seminars and workshops to disseminate project learnings as and when required; and represent the project during relevant information events
- Support the project team to prepare communication materials based on findings
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust, and teamwork.
Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies/suitability for the position and your expected salary) to [email protected] addressing Manager, Business Administration, BMMDP-Swisscontact Bangladesh.
Please mention name of the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 6th March 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.