Manager - UCEP
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||04 May, 2021|
Position: Manager, Business Development and Communications
Job Context: Raising fund for various Social Enterprises for Contributing to ensure the sustainability of UCEP Bangladesh.
- Writing project proposal.
- Develop and establish a functional fundraising mechanism for UCEP Bangladesh.
- Analyze different donors' prospects, their priorities that align with UCEP Bangladesh's strategic goals and produce extensive institutional donor profiles.
- Explore upcoming opportunities and bring it to the attention of the relevant team(s) for decision of next steps.
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders/donors, Government and corporate sector.
- Practice and promote concepts of value for money, cost effectiveness and Do-No-Harm approach.
- Represent UCEP Bangladesh in different events and forum related to fundraising and report to management in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain collaboration and coordination with all other teams / departments and all other entities at central and regional levels of UCEP Bangladesh.
- Continuously track, evaluate and draft appropriate plans in consultation with the management regarding prospects for corporate, foundation, and government resources.
- Lead relevant initiatives like proposal development and review processes, ensuring inputs in timely and effective manner.
- Develop concept notes, project proposals and pitch deck in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Provide advice on donor compliance requirements to ensure high quality proposals.
- Interpret fundamental donor regulations and requirements and apply them to specific situations for timely resolution to key award issues.
- Analyze and understand requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Expressions of Interest (EOI) and other solicitation documents on a regular basis.
- Maintain database covering prospective/uncertain, inactive, current, untapped and confirmed future donors and share those with the management in a readily manner.
- Contribute to developing knowledge repository so that donor wise effective course of actions can be ensured.
- Plan and develop unsolicited proposals and responses to RFPs, RFQs and EOIs including researching, writing, editing and design of final product in a timely manner.
- Write and edit proposals for readability, consistency and appropriate tone describing organizational capabilities, project management approach and/or past performance.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and relevant personnel and develop and write technical and management contents for responses which are compliant with the proposal requests.
- Coordinate with respective teams in order to ensure that budgets are correctly allocated, aligned and managed/controlled.
- Develop and share periodic fundraising reporting chart to UCEP Bangladesh Senior Management Team and relevant concern.
- Always uphold the best interest of the organization and ensure security and safeguard of life, property and dignity of UCEP Bangladesh, its entities, its beneficiaries and staff.
- Facilitate capacity development process of idea generation, concept note preparation, proposal writing and business case development.
- Cooperate with own team and other teams at HO and regional level and maintain creativity, cohesion, and collaboration
- Ensure development and implementation of Annual Work Plans (AWP) with appropriate performance indicators and means of verification.
- Ensure proper follow up of staff performance through 360-degree Performance Management System.
- Identify staff learning needs and assist with their development and growth.
- Nurture team building, collaboration and cooperation.
Employment Status: Full-time, Contractual
Educational Requirements: Master's degree in Social Science, Development Studies, International Development, Economics, or Business Administration; from any reputed national or international university
Experience Requirements: At least 8 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- Experience in writing projects proposals in English and Bengali and winning grants of at least $5M USD in funding.
- Over 8 years' experience managing fundraising activities within the international and national development sector for an INGO/NGO or development consulting firm.
- Experience developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets.
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income.
- Experience of proactively building and maintaining effective partnerships both internal and external.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
- Salary: Negotiable
Compensation & Other Benefits: All admissible benefits as per UCEP Bangladesh Service Rules
Interested candidates should apply to http://career.ucepbd.org/ on or before May 4, 2021. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted and may be requested for more information. The authority reserves the right to accept/reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Direct application to any UCEP Bangladesh staff, any communication in regard to the application or any attempt to influence the process will immediately disqualify candidacy. UCEP Bangladesh is actively trying to increase equity and gender parity in the organization. Therefore, qualified women and candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds including Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are especially encouraged to apply. The compulsory age of retirement is 60 years.