|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Sector||Bank/ Non-Bank Financial Institution|
|Deadline||12 March, 2021|
Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited, a fast growing Islami Shariah based private commercial bank in the country having strong business network with 132 online branches across the country with an excellent working environment and corporate culture is looking for challenge striving, smart, self-motivated and energetic candidates with requisite experience for recruitment as Legal Officer to strengthen the legal affairs of the bank for recovery of non performing investments.
- Must have sound knowledge of Orthorin Adalat Aidn, N.I. Act, Companies Act, Bank Company Act, Finance Act, Insurance Act, Labour Laws, Transfer of property Act, 1882, Registration Act, 1908, Principles of Statutory Interpretation, Legal Drafting, Law of Evidence, Contract Act, 1872, Administrative Law, Constitutional Law and other relevant laws;
- Prepare and represent the Bank in legal matters before the Courts of Law, in litigation, arbitration or other legal proceedings on matters in which the Bank has an interest;
- Draft, review and update all contracts pertaining to the operation of the Bank in collaboration with appropriate staff and participate in negotiations, where necessary;
- Examine and oversee the proper preparation, perfection and safekeeping of all securities/legal documents of the Bank;
- Advise on and interpret the Bank's policies, procedures, guidelines etc. as per law and provide legal opinion and advise management on legal issues that may arise from time to time;
- Prepare notices required under agreements, initiate and follow-up on legal action on the Bank's investment recoveries;
- Prepare monthly status reports of legal case, follow-up with the Branches and make recommendations to management;
- The candidate should have pleasant personality, honest, hardworking with good command in English both oral and written and sufficient knowledge in Microsoft Office;
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Minimum 5 years' experience conducting in the Civil and Criminal cases preferably in a leading private commercial Bank/FIs;
- Age preferable within 40 years as on 31.01.2021.
- Must have L.L.B with L.L.M from a reputed University having no third class/division in academic career.
- Candidates who are enrolled as member of Bar Council or practicing as a Lawyer in Judges' Court (especially in Dhaka Judge Court) /High Court in Bangladesh will be given preference;
Job Location: Corporate Head Office, Dhaka/Anywhere in Bangladesh
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the deserving candidates commensurate with their experience. Salary and Designation will depend on the experience and background of the selected candidates.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants may Apply Online or can send a detail C.V. along with a recent passport size photograph to the following address by March 12, 2021
Human Resources Division, Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited, Corporate Head Office, Shahjalal Islami Bank Tower, Level 11, Plot # 4, Block # CWN (C) Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka 1212