Junior Administrative Support Assistant - FAO
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||31 May, 2021|
Position: National Project Personnel - Junior Administrative Support Assistant - SC/2
Organizational Unit: FABGD
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Duration: 07 months
Post Number: N/A
Closure Date: 31/May/2021, 3:59:00 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Bangladesh and the incumbent will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin), day to day close supervision/guidance of the Focal Points of HR Cluster and Gen. Admin Cluster, in close cooperation with the other colleagues in the representation and projects, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist to maintain the record for storage of the all office stationaries, PPEs (Masks, hand sanitizers, gloves etc);
- Support to maintain database on COVID sickness and status report and share these to the A-FAOR (Admin);
- Support to raise the PR for procurement of goods and services for the Representation in consultation with gen. admin cluster head;
- Assist to support HR filing, updating records in liaison with HR team;
- Liaise and support to the procurement Unit to complete the procurement activities in time;
- Support to review the hard copies of LTECs prior submission to the A-FAOR (Admin);
- Provide assistance to the meetings, workshops, seminar etc. particularly on logistics in the representation;
- Provide support on all general administrative matters for office/facilities management in the office;
- Draft meeting minutes/reports; routine correspondence, type letter memoranda including programme documents and forms related to operational and administrative matter.
- Support Transport Unit in absence of the transport supervisor;
- Support on managing incoming/outgoing all documents/letters and dispatching to the respective office/officials of the project in absence or in support to the Registry focal point;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Graduation in any discipline from a reported university.
- 2 years of experience in the relevant field including internship programme.
- Nationality of Bangladesh
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in the UN System or an International organization/institution will be an advantage.
- Have good judgment and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately;
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background;
- Excellent computer skills (especially in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Outlook );
- Working knowledge (level C) of English (spoken and written) and fluency in Bengali language;
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]