Finance & Operations Specialist - FAO
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||22 June, 2021|
Organizational Unit: FABGD
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Duration: 06 (Six) months (Possibility of extension)
Post Number: N/A
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Representation in Bangladesh is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Bangladesh and, in collaboration with Regional Office Asia and Pacific and the departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to the country priorities. The representation also supports the regional office in the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the country, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The office also develops and maintains relations with Government of Bangladesh, UN agencies, the resource partners and other development institution at the country level.
The Finance and Operations Specialist position and will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, and direct supervision of the assigned Project Team Leader or Manager and other relevant project staff. This position is work in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR Administration and the Country Office Operations Specialist as well as other units and projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate project activities with local stakeholders, including livestock, environment, FAO, farmer groups/producer organizations;
- Maintain financial records and reconcile expenditures, balances payments, statements and other day to day transactions and reports, by retaining continuing awareness of accounts balances;
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports as required for budget preparation as per needs of the government, FAO and the donors
- Prepare payment documents according to FAO procedures for approval by the Budget Holder and process expenditures incurred as per the programme budget lines and codes;
- Work closely with the project team and the FAO admin/operations Team to support and ensure the day-to-day transactions of the project at different stages of the Project Life Cycle;
- Carry out the functions of preparing all payments and accounting adjustments made under the assigned project or projects and ensure proper entries in the ERP System.
- Maintain budgetary accounts to determine availability of funds from donor and recommend immediate actions to the project manager and operations specialist management as required; monitor cash flows and ensure that sufficient funds are available;
- In line with FAO and donor reporting lines, provide support for the preparation of progress reports, delivery reports, terminal reports; project briefs and correspondences;
- Frequently monitor and review project budgets to ensure that project delivery is in line with approved work plans and perform remedial measure when necessary,
- Support efforts for mobilising donor funds, which includes liquidity estimates and Call for Funds;
- Support the management and closure of the Letter of Agreements and contracts, in liaison with Operations and Programme teams ensure the timely release of payments/ instalments;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Higher degree in Finance, Business Management, Business Administration;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in finance and operations within the UN or International organization;
- Bangladesh National
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An analytical approach to work.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Applicant have a working knowledge of English (written and verbal) and local dialect is preferred.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT