Finance Officer - Solidaridad
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||04 April, 2021|
Overall Job Description
The Finance Officer delegated with overall responsibility for providing financial services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations. S/he will assist implementing Financial Policy of Solidaridad through an expert support in line with accounting principles & financial procedures and statutory requirements, comply with other donor's policies and procedures as well. The Finance Officer is accountable for managing day to day accounts operations and keeping all the organization's finances are precise and up to date. S/he will process all the payment to suppliers, monitors and processing the organization's payments and expenditure. S/he ensures compliance with financial operation manual, operational process flow, statutory requirement, travel policy, etc. while making payment. Keep office petty cash and place it in the office safe at end of working day. Being a professional, s/he ensures that suppliers and vendors are paid according to the set time limits. The professional should have a complete understanding on corporate software, i.e. maintain tally accounting software.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of accounts and finance administration
- Regular update, periodical review and maintain books of accounts;
- Prepare fund transfer requests and cash flow management;
- Update Tally software and review of funding status;
- Receive, review finance files from all filed offices and update them in the main system;
- Monitor banking activities for cost canter and VSM of the organization;
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the field requirement of the organization's needs;
- Monitor the financial transaction of the VSM and provide adequate support and training for preparation of VSM accounts in time
Effective review of all payment documentation and maintain cash
- Ensure transactions are entry into GL (tally accounting software) properly and accurately;
- Ensure that all payment requests submitted to finance are organised and reviewed in a timely manner; ensure cash book balances is confirmed before making payment;
- Make timely payment to vendors and consultants and salaries to the casual staff; analyse and solve problems of all supplier's bill and others payment in timely and accuracy comply with all Solidaridad and donor policy and Govt. rules;
- Reimburse petty cash float on the last working day of each month to make sure petty cash in the cash box on the first working day of next month;
- Review the income and expenditure of the Jashore VSM
Professional management of field bank accounts of the organization
- Ensure complete documentation is available for all bank accounts including signatory lists, original bank opening documents, full details on banking terms and conditions and locations of all branches.
- Proactively keep signatory information up to date, arranging relevant documents and collecting signatures where staff leaves or join the organisation. Take the initiative to ensure continued banking operations are available at all times;
- Staff salary advice is prepared and sent to bank within 30th of each month with accuracy; ensure preparation of salary voucher, deposition/transfer of deducted salary tax and provident fund amount;
Internal controls & statutory compliances
- Follow internal control and financial procedures.
- Assist procurement team as per the organizational policies;
- Monitor periodic financial reports from the implementing organizations;
- Take care of compliances of RoC, Companies Act, Income Tax Act, EPF Act and other laws of the land.
- Provide support to the programme team and implementing partners and other stakeholders in the region on financial management in accordance with the statutory requirements of the laws of the land;
Enhancing communication and coordination with the programme team and stakeholders
- Promotes proactive and effective communication among work mates and clients; communicates concepts, information and arguments efficiently in personal and group contexts and across all organizational levels.
- Dealing vendors, account payable and account receivables; maintains good relationships with suppliers, vendors to avoid anomalies in supply and bills;
In addition to that finance officer will perform a range of administrative, logistic and procurement responsibilities. S/he will manage office stock, prepare regular reports on office expenses and budget, and maintain records of procurement and asset list. Also, s/he will assist in the budget preparation process maintenance of office equipment, vehicles and other assets. And will support the Office and operation of Solidaridad Country program in Bangladesh.
Commerce Graduate or Masters in Accounting and related qualification. MBA in Accounting/ Finance member of recognised professional accounting body ACCA/ CA/ CIMA would be an added advantage.
Performance standards (Experiences and Competencies)
- Minimum 5-7 years' professional field experience related to the above duties and responsibilities; Accountant or Assistant Accountant in relevant sector preferably in a larger organization/ CSO/commercial environment;
- Skills of general accounting procedures- Accounts, Finance, Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax);
- Professional Computer literacy in accounting packages. Should have competency on computer based accounting system- tally accounting software, SPSS & other database programme;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Knowledge;
- Experienced on handling donor-funded development projects;
- Proven understanding on organizational financial and operational procedures; providing technical advices and support to the partners and stakeholders;
- Skill to track programme budget and expenditure;
- Reporting and quantitative analytical ability and fluency in English;
- Project based fixed term
Salary & Other Benefits
Solidaridad offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with Solidaridad Asia pay scales and Service Rule. The benefits package includes provident fund, one festival bonus, gratuities and medical insurance as per the organizational policy.
To apply, please send a CV (3 pages max.) and a cover letter (1 page) explaining the desire, your relevant skills and experiences at [email protected]. Position applied for should be clearly mentioned in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Closing date of application is April 04, 2021.
Solidaridad strives to be an equal opportunities employer, committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status and disability.