Finance Officer - Red Crescent Society
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||07 February, 2021|
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position of its Disaster Response Department, NHQ, Dhaka:
|Job title||:||Finance Officer, DR Dept.|
|No. of position||:||01 (One)|
|Reportable to||:||Director, Disaster Response|
|Duration of contract||:||Initially upto 31 December 2021 (with possibility of extension)|
Upto BDT. 45,000/- (with other admissible benefits as per organizations policy)
|Age limit||:||35 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate)|
|Duty station||:||National Head Quarters (NHQ), Moghbazar, Dhaka|
Duties and responsibilities:
- To collect bill/ voucher and submit Finance, NHQ with monthly financial report.
- To assist with the management of the funds and financial assets of the office (that include cash flow and cost control management as well as the management of the payments, advances, bank transaction and payroll functions, and maintenance of the accounting books/records/system all in accordance with BDRCS guidelines).
- To assist with the compilation of the BDRCS budget and financial plan, under the direction of the authority.
- To maintain accurate registers of the assets and property in the field and ensure that accurate office systems are in place and maintained.
- To assist with the preparation of accurate, regular, and timely financial and narrative reports.
- To monitor the budget and ensure accurate accounting, authorization& internal control procedures. Investigate and address significant variances.
- To assist in budget revisions and forecast.
- To assist with providing technical support and advice to staff members in financial and administrative systems.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the authority.
- To manage all bank transactions and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Graduation in finance/ accounting and minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Person with additional experience on management of budgets; management of resources; monitoring; supervision and control; reporting; communication; networking; management of self; management of others
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and accounting packages) and familiar with internet browsing.
- Ability to use manual accounting systems.
- Ability to prepare budgets, cash flow statements & financial plans.
- Analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Able to plan and work independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Able to influence, communicate, co-operate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex tasks.
- Proven professionalism and ability to work independently.
- Fluent in English.
- An understanding of the RC/RC movement is required.
- Honest and high level of integrity.
- Willing to work for vulnerable and people in need.
- Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
- Only online application will be accepted.
- Candidates who applied earlier; have to apply again.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, February 07, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.