Deputy Manager - UCEP
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||04 May, 2021|
Position: Deputy Manager, Infrastructure Development
Number of Vacancy: 1
Job Purpose: To establish and efficiently manage the Infrastructure Development portfolio of UCEP Social Enterprises which ensures quality implementation of programmes and projects in line with UCEP Bangladesh's values, vision, mission, goals and relevant country laws.
- Manage the infrastructure development project/s of UCEP Bangladesh.
- Develop and implement project concept notes, proposals, project plans, project progress/completion reports, due diligence assessments, necessary surveys as needed to determine time frame, budget, procedures, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion
- Provide direction and ensure coordination, implementation, control and completion of the assigned project(s) while maintaining full compliance with regulatory policies, specifications, rules, laws and standards
- Ensure the engineering and technical disciplines of projects involved
- Outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to relevant project staffs.
- Ensure procurements are conducted in time, following Procurement Policy of UCEP Bangladesh.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Monitor progress on regular basis and prepare and share project status reports to the management on a regular basis seeking suggestions/proposing corrective actions/integrating feedbacks as required and requested.
- Monitor constraints and difficulties and share those with the management for timely interventions/remedies.
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with different government/non-government offices (e.g. land office, UNO office, donor's office, police station, municipality etc.) and stakeholders to expedite the scheduled activities smoothly.
- Check and prepare design and drawing of the structures and site reports following the construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Ensure the delivery of quality items (e.g. bricks, stones, irons etc.) by suppliers/vendors as per agreed timeline.
- Ensure that all bills, vouchers, invoices are properly preserved and duly vetted before issuing cheques and or work orders etc.
- Undertake necessary actions so that bills, payments, wages, manpower supply etc. are processed in a timely manner to facilitate uninterrupted flow of activities under the project.
- Undertake appropriate initiatives to facilitate waste reduction and clean, healthy working environment.
- Seek advice from the management in a timely manner for conducting risk assessment so that proposed activities can be initiated/implemented with no/least interruptions/setbacks.
- Share related information with donors, project partners, and regulatory bodies as required and requested.
- Ensure timely and regular preparation of progress updates for the UCEP management.
- Ensure effective documentation and recordkeeping of all project related resolutions, communications, documents, reports, certificates, licenses, designs, approvals etc.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for relevant staff members so that activities are conducted properly amid least supervision.
- Maintain incident recording book for regular documentation of issues like accidents including zero incident.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Ensure implementation of Decent Work principles especially Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) following OSHA standards
- Ensure development of infrastructure and mechanisms sensitive to the requirements of all genders and people with different types of physical or cognitive impairments to ensure easy accessibility, mobility, safety and security in entire project implementation phases/activities.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted maintaining proper adherence to safety and security issues/regulations.
- Ensure that all safety and security kits are used while in operations.
- Ensure that safety and security directions are clearly visible and stated.
- Conduct regular inspections and ensure due maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Ensure that employees are adequately oriented with safety issues (emergency exit, use of fire extinguishers etc.).
- Ensure that vendors/suppliers/contractors adhere to safety and security codes to their own workforces while working with UCEP Bangladesh.
- Undertake all actions so that the project area and activities are properly secured (e.g. from land grabbers/unauthorized people/vested groups etc.).
Job Nature: Contractual
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a reputed national and international public or private universities enlisted with Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
- Applicants must have membership with Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
- In-depth knowledge about Bangladesh National Building Code (BNBC), accessibility issues
- Minimum 05 years of experience in relevant field with successful track record.
- Should have experience in the following area(s):
- Inspection Consultation & Structural Design, Civil Engineering in any reputed Developer, Engineering Firms, and Real Estate companies.
Job Location: Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD.
- Advanced MS Office skills and proficient in computer operating systems and software applications.
- Excellent command both in Bengali and English.
- Exemplary analytic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven project management skills with a large and diverse workforce.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Not more than 40 years of age. Management has the right to make exceptions based on qualifications.
Terms & Conditions:
Interested candidates should apply to http://career.ucepbd.org/ on or before May 04, 2021. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted and may be requested for more information. The authority reserves the right to accept/reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Direct application to any UCEP Bangladesh staff, any communication in regard to the application or any attempt to influence the process will immediately disqualify candidacy. UCEP Bangladesh is actively trying to increase equity and gender parity in the organization. Therefore, qualified women and candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds including Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are especially encouraged to apply. The compulsory age of retirement is 60 years.