Deputy Director - World Vision
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||26 April, 2021|
Position: Deputy Director - Advocacy and Justice for Children
Number of Vacancy: 01
This position is to provide leadership in positively influencing country policies and pro-actively engaging the policy makers, partners and the public on issues that will significantly alleviate the plight of the poor and strengthen child protection by developing and launching effective advocacy strategies that reflect WVB's vision, mission, values and strategic directions.
- Support a process in designing and overseeing the development and implementation of a responsive advocacy strategies in consultation with all WV Bangladesh Senior Management
- Promote approaches that contribute to competency development and integration of advocacy, which contribute to positive changes against unjust local and national policies and practices.
- Pro-actively engage with key policy makers, donor, partners and audiences to enhance World Vision's credibility and influence changes of policy and practices to ensure child wellbeing of most vulnerable children
- Lead and guide issue-based campaign at local, national and global level in line with national strategy and SDG's
- Master degree in development studies or human rights or international relations or political science or Governance & Public Policy, or related field
- Master's degree in development studies, human rights, international relations, or related field
- Skills Required: Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Government Policies, Management
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Justice and Rights, Leadership
- Age at least 30 years
- At least 5 years' experience in poverty, justice, and/or rights issues related to policy and advocacy work
- At least 5 years' experience in a Leadership position
- Understand holistic and transformational development
- Government policies related to key advocacy issues
- Proven management and leadership ability
- Effective Communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven experience as a team player
- Demonstrated collaboration & team-building skills
- Understand advocacy theory, process, and practice.
- Strong political awareness and judgment
- Proven ability to write and produce publications
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 40% travel is expected
- Must be able to interact with a diverse group
Job Location: Dhaka (Banani)
Salary: Tk. 150000 - 170000 (Monthly)
Compensation & other benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays, Mobile bill, Medical allowance
- Festival Bonus: 1 (Yearly)
- Benefits are applicable as per organizational structure and policy.
Read Before Apply
World Vision is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries, respecting the rights of all beneficiaries, and upholding the best interests of children as a primary consideration in all actions and decisions; accordingly, all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision Bangladesh has zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. World Vision Bangladesh as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with a prior record of conviction related to child neglect, abuse, and exploitation.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.