Coordinator - World Health Organization
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||12 May, 2021|
Position: Coordinator for MoHFW Coordination Centre in DGHS, Dhaka
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Initially one year (may be extendable)
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Organization: SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
Objective of the programme
The objective of the programme is to deliver WHO Core functions at country level with a particular focus on the Organization's directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. The immediate Objective is to develop and sustain WHO as a flexible, learning Organization, enabling it to carry out its mandate more efficiently and effectively. To support the MOHFW coordination office to fulfill its mandate as well as strengthening coordination of health interventions to Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Nationals (FDMN) including host community in Cox's Bazar through ensuring continuous engagement of the Government health authorities in the planning and implementation of the humanitarian response.
This individual will support the programme by providing technical and administrative services.
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of Deputy Representative WHO BAN and the direct supervision of the Deputy Director (Coordination) and PM - FDMN, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Provide technical assistance to MoHFW and health agencies for development of the operational plans, outlining the activities and resources (staffing, equipment, funding);
- Prepare strategy, action plan, guidelines for field operations;
- Prepare policy document for MoHFW specially in the area of FDMNs;
- Coordinate epidemiological reporting system in consultation with WHO sub office in Cox's Bazar and headquarter and responsible for risk communication at headquarter;
- Organize different stakeholders meetings, update Programme Manager FDMN and Programme Director FDMNs with Coordination for administrative activities at central level with ensure logistics management for field operation;
- Collaborate with relevant ministries and other stakeholders to undertake gap analyses to support Health System strengthening efforts in these gap areas to ensure that humanitarian priorities are fulfilled; always ensure the participation of the MoHFW CC in the joint assessment process of any health related event;
- Monitor and report on the implementation of health interventions, based on local situations/developments make appropriate recommendation to the MOHFW through Program Manager;
- Prepare and submit monthly/bi-monthly reports to the MoH&FW, WHO and other respective authorities;
- Initiate publication of newsletter, report etc;
- Draft narrative and financial reports periodically in compliance with WHO/WB requirements;
- Provide technical and administrative support for the Chief Coordinator, MoHFW & WHO;
- Follow up on any technical issues with local level field management and provide oversight to assessments and monitoring in the field;
- Maintain close working relations with all the MOHFW officials, UN agencies and WHO officials;
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Essential: First degree i.e MBBS or four years bachelor's degree in relevant field and post graduate/master's degree in relevant field from an accredited academic institution.
Desirable: Master of Public Health (MPH)/Epidemiology or any relevant field would be added an advantage.
Essential: At least five years of experience in public health programmes, preferably with international organizations/national organizations;
Desirable: Experience in UN agency, International Organization, and NGOs etc.
Working experience in Cox's Bazar district and/or knowledge on coordination and management of the FDMNs/Rohingya refugees will be a plus;
Previous work in Government health system under MOHFW will add value the position;
Additional Functional Knowledge and Skills:
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of working in public health sector in humanitarian crisis situation will be an added advantage;
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power point
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Producing Results
Languages: Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
Computer Literacy: Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power point
Salary & others benefits:
WHO offers locally competitive packages such as:
- Monthly salary: BDT 144,044.00 (SSA – 8, Step I)
- Health Insurance; Accident and illness insurance;
- Annual Leave (18 days per year); Sick leave (12 days per year)
- Applicable holidays as per WHO rules
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test or a presentation using computer followed by an interview will be held only for qualifying candidates.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to availability of fund and performance.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- This vacancy is open to Bangladeshi Nationals (all genders) only.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Any attempt to unduly influence on WHO's selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant