Consultant - World Health Organization
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||20 May, 2021|
Position: Consultant COVID-19 vaccination preparedness and response plan
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months (may be extended)
Closing Date: May 20, 2021, 3:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Organization: SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
Objective of the programme
To support COVID-19 vaccination preparedness and deployment activities.
Description of duties:
The consultant will work under the overall guidance of the WR Bangladesh and direct supervision of Team Leader (IVD) and day to day supervision of MO Immunization system strengthening
The consultant will need to closely engage with government and working members of different subgroups, relevant partners and international consultant.
- Provide technical assistance for COVID-19 vaccination planning including developing indicators and timelines to monitor progress in rural and corporation settings.
- Assist COVID-19 plans related to prioritization of beneficiaries, surveillance, operational planning training plans, vaccine and cold chain, planning, vaccine safety surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, data reporting and recording, communication and advocacy.
- Assist EPI in reviewing and development and implementation of relevant COVID-19 vaccination training guidelines and operational plans for health workers and doctors localized in context to Bangladesh.
- Assist in tracking AEFIs on daily basis and present analysis on periodic basis
- Assist EPI and DGDA in conducting Causality assessments as per guidelines
- Coordinate with DGDA for assessing AEFI data and organizing need-based meetings. Document experience based on reviews/ assessments.
- Assist in undertaking visits to priority districts to support COVID-19 vaccination related activities
- Assist in organizing and coordinating AEFI review meeting at national and sub national level including city corporations and document outcomes for periodic reviews with WCO technical teams.
- Assist in supporting team lead in organizing need-based meetings with DC/ SIMOs related to updates and follow ups.
- Support in budgetary planning and other necessary documentation related to COVID -19 meetings / reviews.
- Assist need-based support to WHO Sub office Cox' s Bazar on COVID-19 vaccination planning.
- Closely work with identified agency/ices for desired translation of material in local language and vice versa.
- Any other role as assigned by supervisor.
Essential: University degree in medicine from a recognized university and Master's-level university degree in public health or community health from a recognized university
Essential: At least 7 years' experience in relevant field of public health
Additional Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of principles of public health and health systems, immunization services, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in government and beyond, including other development agencies.
- Skills in training and facilitation
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing Results
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Excellent writing/reporting and editing skills, communication and presentation skills (in English and Bengali).
- High–level analytical and organizational skills applied to computer skills including Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint presentations
Salary & others benefits:
WHO offers locally competitive packages such as:
- Monthly salary: BDT 198,875.00 (SSA – 9, Step I)
- Health Insurance; Accident and illness insurance;
- Annual Leave (18 days per year); Sick leave (12 days per year)
- Applicable holidays as per WHO rules
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test or a presentation using computer followed by an interview will be held only for qualifying candidates.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to availability of fund and performance.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- This vacancy is open to Bangladeshi Nationals (all genders) only.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Any attempt to unduly influence on WHO's selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant