Community Facilitator - CARE
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||22 May, 2021|
Position Title: Community Facilitator
Project name: Combating Intimate Partner Violence in Bangladesh in the Context of COVID-19 project
4 positions, based at Gazipur
This Contract will be up to March 31, 2022
I. Job Summary:
In a brief paragraph, state the position's overall purpose or objective, highlighting the general functions for which the position is responsible. Why does the position exist and what must it accomplish
CARE is one of the world's leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 95 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949 being one of the largest country offices of CARE. CARE works to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. In CARE put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE Bangladesh is currently shifting towards a program approach, where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
The Community Facilitator will responsible for directly implementation of a project entitled Combating Intimate Partner Violence in Bangladesh in the Context of COVID-19 under the supervision of Program Officer. This is twelve months' project with aims to prevent Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and respond to survivors through safe spaces, behavior change communication and capacity building approaches that address gender norms and practices.
The incumbent is responsible for project implementation with the close contact with community stakeholders, GBV survivors, parents, couples, local leaders, UP members, Other NGO's etc. to mobilize them through facilitation to establish women friendly spaces as well as strengthening Gender Based Violence (GBV) services through the improvements in referral services in Gazipur.
The Community Facilitator will responsible to support GBV survivors through creating safe environment by regular field visit. S/he will assist PO in planning, designing, training facilitation and networking.
The Community Facilitator is responsible for ensuring the implementation of quality program interventions by providing direct supports at the field level activities and ensure the maturity of the Interventions according to outcome matrix of Prohori.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibility # 1: Mobilize Community and Ensure Supporting Environment in Safe Solidarity Space for GBV survivors
- Frequent field visit and rapport building with women and the other stake holders;
- Sharing objectives of the project with women and community members;
- Establishing safe solidarity space for GBV survivors with the support from community;
- Facilitate different sessions with women, men, couples and other stakeholders;
- Arrange and facilitate campaign activities engaging community;
- Organize learning and sharing events at information center;
- Make positive linkage/relationship with all community stakeholders and sensitize them on prohori initiatives and engage them in different project interventions.
Responsibility # 2: Facilitate and Ensure the Referral Services for GBV Survivors
- Mapping of service provider organizations;
- Assist GBV survivors for proper referral services;
- Effective social mobilization to influence stakeholders to take proactive actions in empowering women.
- Create regular communications through Project Officer with Uazila level relevant (Health, women affairs, youths, Law enforcement) to share all updates of project
- Link with other local possible resources, network and establish smooth referral system for GBV survivors
Responsibility # 3: Assist in monitoring, reporting and information collection
- Assist to understand the progress of intervention through monitoring
- Help PO to compile monthly reports by providing information
- Provide necessary information to PO for documentation and any other field information for other requirements of the project
Responsibility # 4: Coordination with GOs, NGO's, network Representatives
- Coordination with other likeminded organizations to plan and implement project intervention effectively at Upazila /Union level with in stipulated time.
- Experience of work on violence against women/women empowerment
- Work closely with Upazila Women Affairs, social welfare, Upazila/Union health complex to leverage support to GBV surviovor;
- Participate in the Coordination meeting at Upazila/Union level with other development organization;
- Candidates living in Gazipur preferred
Responsibility # 5: Security
As part of this role, the job holder will be expected to adhere to and support CARE Bangladesh's Safety and Security policy and systems as part of their day to day duties, and comply, at all times, to safety & security protocols and directives, including reporting. Staff must maintain situational and self – awareness and be aware of the safety – security related consequences of their actions upon themselves, their team and the organization as a whole.
Responsibility # 6: Safeguarding
CARE Bangladesh is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and expects staff to promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at all times. CARE Bangladesh expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate this commitment are recruited to work with us.
- Program officer
IV. Working Condition:
- Based on Union/Upazila level with spending time for 90% in the field.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in similar position.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science or equivalent with minimum 3 years' professional experience in the relevant field.
- Good skill of MS office use
VI. Core Competencies:
- Facilitation skills, knowledge in pro-poor program implementation.
- Knowledge of multicultural intervention and ability to deal with GO, NGO, CBO & LEBs.
- Willing to stay at Program implementation areas i.e., Village/Union
- Able to drive Motor Cycle (MC) with valid driving license.
- Good understanding about rural community, its dynamics, power structure and development issues.
- Ensure and Promote GEDI and be GEDI sensitive, creating an enabling environment where diversity can flourish and all staff and stakeholders experience inclusion and appreciation.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh's vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE's mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate. In addition, CARE offers Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Leave Encashment, Life and Health Insurance, Working Mother Benefits etc.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh's e-recruitment site: https://career.carebangladesh.org/ on or before May 22, 2021.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- CARE Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of CARE Bangladesh.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
- To ensure transparent processes during recruitment, internal candidates should discuss potential applications with their Line Managers to ensure endorsement of their applications by respective Line Managers.
- There is no cost involved with applying for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.