Communications Officer - Swisscontact
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||19 April, 2021|
Uttoron-Skills for better life is a skills development project, funded by Chevron is being implemented by Swisscontact. Currently under phase II Uttoron will be working in Sylhet and Dhaka Division and providing training to 2000 community youth. In addition to that Uttoron project will also be establishing a permanent training institute in Habiganj district and work with government to introduce advance welding training in Bangladesh.
Position: Communications Officer, Uttoron
Location: Dhaka with regular visits to field locations
Duration: till 31 July 2022 (End of the current project phase)
Reports to: Team Leader, Uttoron
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Communications and public relations:
- Develop communication objectives, strategy, gu deline, goals, and action plan incorporating ex sting strategies and guidelines of Swisscontact Worldwide and donors of the project;
- Identify target audience and design communication tools to ensure effective and
- Boost visibility of the project on social media through coordination with commomunication person
- Provide direct support to the TL in developing monthly, quarterly and annual report for the donor, Review various project reports and provide inputs as necessary
- Identify research and knowledge development areas for the project and directly participate in research activities conducted by the project
- Manage regular correspondence with
- Swisscontact global office in consultation with team leader and portfolio team of Swisscontact, Bangladesh
- Map out communication channels and strategies to pursue the public and private sector stakeholders and have strong network with them;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database and ensure national and local media coverage of the project
- Identify news items from project activity and develop news on time and publish them on SC website, social media and communicate regularly with HO for sharing project news through organizational website; regularly update project information on website and work with portfolio team to upload project communication material.
- Develop audio, visual material using different tools
- Manage working relationship with industry associations, private sector stakeholders, international development partners, field offices and other project partners.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand,'uttoron' and ' Swisscontact' and coordinate publicity events as required
- Provide necessary support in project operational activity
- Organize events, workshops
- Manage vendors and consultants
Skills and Expertise
- Master's in Journalism, communication, or relevant subject
- At least 2 to 4 years working experience as a communication officer in the development sector. meaningful communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead communication tasks and achieve project objectives through strategic use of communication tools and techniques;
- Monitor compliance with communication strategy and guideline throughout all project interventions; ensure that all communication material is prepared following donor and SC brand guideline
- Manage relationship with donors and provide regular update on the project by delivering various communication materials (e.g. photographs, case studies, stories, aide memoire, reports, data etc.) in consultation with Team Leader;
- Track media footprints and promote projects in national and international media platforms
- Develop social media strategy, lead in social media content development tasks, ensure visibility on social media through coordination with Swisscoctact Bangladesh communication focal and HO communication focal and monitor regular positive social media presence;
- Strong network and working experience with print and electronic media.
- Expertise in using video animation software such as toonly, doodly.
- Expertise in graphic designing will be a plus point.
- Excellent communication and people management skill
- Can work independently with little supervision.
- Experienced with managing social media platform.
- Superior English writing skill
- Good public speaking and presentation skill is a must.
Working Conditions and Environment
This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Operations Manual. Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust, and teamwork.
Application details: Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and expected salary) to [email protected] addressing Head of Business Administration, Swisscontact Bangladesh.
Application submitted without using our job application form and a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and expected salary) will not be accepted. The job description and the application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.swisscontact.org/en/countries/bangladesh/jobs. Please mention the exact title of the position applied to in the "subject" line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 19 April 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage female professionals to apply. For further information please visit www.swisscontact.org/en/countries/bangladesh