Advisor - Save the Children
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||03 April, 2021|
Position: Advisor - Newborn Health (District Support), MaMoni MNCSP
Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This position will be mainly responsible for providing technical, managerial and program expertise support to the implementation of Newborn Health interventions and strategies at the District and below level. This will include intervention design, implementation planning, expansion of tested interventions and introduction of new interventions. S/he will regularly gather data from the program implementing sites and coordinate with relevant team members and stakeholders to improve implementation and scaling up of newborn health interventions. In consultation with the team members, s/he will also provide inputs to develop learning agenda, compile lessons in analytical way and share program learning and results, as available. Be opportunistic and strategic catalyzing stakeholders to strengthen newborn health components at district and divisional levels. S/he will provide technical inputs and advice in support of SC's country objectives related to improving newborn health. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the incumbent will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- MBBS Degree is required, training in Public Health or related field will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of public health systems and newborn health interventions.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in implementing at district level health interventions
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing Newborn Health is preferred
- Very good understanding of Bangladesh health service delivery
- Hands on experience in coordinating implementation in multiple districts including capacity building activities of government providers
- Experience in data use and planning in government health system,
- Ability to write analytical report
- Ability and willingness to travel to field (more than 60% of time)
- Fluency in Bangla and English
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Dhaka
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100027D
Application deadline: 03 April, 2021
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview. 'Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce'