|13 April, 2021
GIZ Bangladesh is currently seeking applications for its project "'Supporting Host and Rohingya Communities in Bangladesh, SHRCB" for the position "Advisor- Public Services and Info Hubs".
Job Location: Cox's Bazar with visits to Teknaf and Ukhya
Number of vacancies: 01
Contract Duration: Up to 30 June 2022 (Possibility of extension until 30 June 2023)
The 'Support for host communities and Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh' technical cooperation project (SHRC) operated under the Germany – Bangladesh cooperation framework. It started in 2019 and aims to contribute to peaceful co-existence and conflict resolution between host communities and displaced Rohingya through its four main outputs (components):
Output 1: Information and support services for livelihood stabilization in host communities.
Output 2: Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) services
Output 3: Social cohesion and conflict transformation
Output 4: Capacity building for local state and non-state actors for conflict-sensitive and inclusive service delivery at the community level.
To achieve its goal, the project cooperates with relevant governmental and non-governmental organizations and service providers, as well as with international partners involved in the Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh. The implementing ministry is the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR).
The position holder is responsible for:
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- assisting project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- advise supervisor on all task when implementing GIZ rules and regulation
- advise supervisor in the field of project's planning, steering and monitoring
- Independently implement goals and requirements set by the line manager
- make decisions which have a short-term effect within a limited project area/ unit
- assist supervisor to identify day to day problem and suggest appropriate solution
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
The position holder
- Assists in planning and designing the Info-hub intervention of the project particularly stablishing a system of information services for host communities in the Cox's Bazar region that strengthens their access to information and local level public/private services.
- Actively supports implementing partner organisations in managing Info-hub intervention of the project developed for information services to strengthen the livelihood of local providers and, where possible, using modern information and communication technologies.
- Assists in building network with different stakeholders, including organizations working in the area of access to information, partner organisations and local administration.
- Provides professional advice and input to partner organizations particularly in training, workshops, and other events that are related to the Info-hub intervention.
- Ensures that beneficiaries and service providers are sensitized about the important of access to services/information of poor people for example market and price information, job offers, access to social security offers, technical information, financial services, etc.
- Assists in developing Management Information System of Info-hubs of the project and keep update about the progress report periodically
- Monitor and visits project areas in Cox's Bazaar and provide necessary support for smooth implementation of Info-hub.
- Supports other colleagues if needed.
Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder
- Provides support in organizational and management questions in the designated area
- Contributes in other project activities and any other tasks as required
- Supports the supervisor and AV to coordinate with other relevant projects and other agencies active within similar fields of actions
- Further specific tasks may be discussed and agreed with the supervisor and AV.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master's degree in social science from any recognized University.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in social development work
- Familiarity with Access to information services provided by Government/UN/NGOs
- Experience in working with food security and livelihood project/programmes
- Previous job experience in GIZ will be an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Ability to work well under pressure and must be a strong team player
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- Knowledge of German Language is an asset
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Ability to plan and prioritize work in line with agreed upon strategies and workplans, and to adjust priorities and plans as required
We only accept electronic applications. If you meet the above requirements, e-mail your resume to [email protected]
Last Date of Application: April 13, 2021.