|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Not Specified|
|Deadline||27 January, 2021|
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world's leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox's Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Admin Officer will provide day to day Administrative support for Bangladesh country operations. He/she will ensure the administrative policies and standards are applied consistently in all the country offices. The position will work in close cooperation with the HR and Admin Manager and other departments for DRC Bangladesh for smooth administrative operations.
Women candidate are strongly encouraged to apply. Due to urgency of this position the selected candidate may ask to join with shorter notice period.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Developing and administering various administrative plans and procedures.
- Performing and supervising general office activities. Assisting HR & Admin Manager in ensuring administrative compliance with DRC and donor requirements in the country office. Maintaining and safeguarding DRC records.
- Developing and managing a logical file system for DRC's contracts, with a database containing the essential information for DRC service providers and consultants towards an effective internal management and administration.
- Responsible for proper functioning of all offices and guest houses. Ensuring proper hygiene and cleaning in the office and guesthouse premises.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of the admin team.
- Managing the preparation, analysis, negotiation, review and timely renewal of rental agreements and service contracts e.g., security provision, office consumables and supplies, fumigation in the Country office.
- Coordinating and liaising with DRC lawyer, agents and respective authorities on legal issues related to contractors, consultants and advise program and sector managers on sound admin management and local laws and their execution modalities.
- Issuing staff and volunteers' ID cards and assisting to issue the camp passes for the national staffs.
- Ensuring that all travelers to/within Bangladesh and international are assisted with visas and travel arrangements e.g., flight booking, hotel booking, transportation etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Administration, logistic management in INGO or corporate.
- Good command in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill
- Preferably bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related subject.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC's vision and values
- Type of contract: National contract
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: 7th February 2021
- Duty station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
- Closing Date for Application: 27th January 2021
What we offer
- Two bonuses per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees' details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment's supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn't charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.