Saudi Arabia has stopped receiving new applications for Umrah visas from June 17, says a report published on a Makkah daily on Tuesday.
Mohammed Bin Badi, CEO of the National Committee for the Haj and Umrah, told the media that the ministry will resume receiving applications for Umrah visa again from August 16, 2019.
According to data provided by the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, a record number of 7,650,736 visas have been issued in 2019 so far. Out of them, 7,393,657 pilgrims have already entered Saudi Arabia.
According to the country’s Vision 2030 reform plan, Saudi Arabia is aiming at visits from over 30 million Umrah pilgrims.