10 things Ayub Bachchu fans should know
Today marks the first death anniversary of legendary singer Ayub Bachchu who was considered a rock musical icon.
Today marks the first death anniversary of legendary singer Ayb Bacchus who was considered a rock musical icon. This is a tribute from Glitz to him to remember him by.
1. Ayub Bachchu's nickname is Robin, which is unknown to most of his fans. Many of his albums, including "Koshto," bore the name "Robin" on the sleeves.
2. Ghum Vanga Shohore, the popular rock number was originally written for the band Souls. Bachchu inherited this song before parting ways with Souls.
3. Ayub Bachchu founded L.R.B. The acronym originally meant Little River Band. But later it was changed to Love Runs Blind.
4. Ayub Bachchu was reluctant to lend his voice for Bangla cinema. Actor Manna requested him to playback for the movie 'Lutotraj'. Bachchu agreed and eventually sang for more Dhallywood movies.
5. Singer Agun was close to Ayub Bacchu. Bacchu coerced him to write a song and went on to compose it for him. That's how the song 'Amar Shopnogulo Kemon Emon Shopno Hoy' was born.
6. Bacchu once jokingly said, "I would commit suicide if I don't get permission to do concerts."
7. "Bachao Bidhata," a 1998 solo album by Ayub Bachchu was recorded to raise funds for flood victims of the same year. Bachchu donated all the money he earned from this album.
8. Before making it big as a musician, Ayub Bachchu used to perform in wedding events in his native Chittagong.
9. Ayub Bachchu's band L.R.B is the first Bangladeshi band to have performed in Madison Square Garden, USA.
10. Once Ayub Bachchu participated in a guitar competition in India. The organizers were so impressed with his playing that they offered him to become a judge of the competition, instead of competing with other players.
Source: Badamer Khosha, News24, Newsg24, RTV