Five burnt in fire at Chattogram gas cylinder warehouse
The victims have been admitted to the burn unit of Chattogram Medical College Hospital
Five people were burnt in a fire in the Patiya area of Chattogram on Tuseday. The fire was caused by a leak in a gas cylinder.
The victims have been admitted to the burn unit of Chattogram Medical College Hospital. They are Md Ali,25, Abdur Rahim, 27, Sajjad, 24, Saleh Ahmed, 29 and Abu Sayed, 55.
The fire broke out in a gas cylinder warehouse belonging to a businessman named Tipu at Kachui union on Tuesday, December 10.
Jasim Uddin, the assistant director of the Fire Services told The Business Standard, "Five people were burnt in a fire at a gas cylinder warehouse. A fire service vehicle was dispatched after the fire started. Goods worth Tk 4 lakh were recovered."
Borhan Uddin, the acting officer in-charge (OC) of Patiya police station confirmed the incident, and added that that the warehouse was a tin-shed structure.