A fire broke out at WASA building in Chattogram city on Thursday morning due from electrical short circuit.
The fire incident took place on the third floor of the WASA building in Dampara area and caused damage worth Tk 2 lakh.
Confirming the matter to The Business Standard, Ali Akbar, deputy assistant director of Chattogram Fire Station said, "Three units of Agrabad Fire Station brought the fire under control. The fire burned several papers and furniture in a room on the third floor of that building."
"Fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical short circuit. Although assets worth Tk 2 lakh were burnt, but the fire service was able to recover goods worth around Tk 10 lakh," he added.