The US Embassy in Dhaka has announced the Global Under Graduate Programme for Bangladeshi students for the session of 2021-2022. The aspirants have to apply online before 4:30pm of 28 February.
Exemplary Bangladeshi youth, currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs who have completed at least one semester or have one semester remaining upon return to their home institution, are eligible to apply for the Global UGRAD program.
In a press release, the US embassy said the purpose of this program is to provide promising students with a deeper understanding of American culture, while building leadership skills and promoting a mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
In addition to their coursework, participants are also expected to become active members of their local communities by participating in extracurricular activities and volunteer projects.
All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate coursework chosen from their host institution's existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, three-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States.
Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers and will be required to participate in 20 hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop for participants.
Since 2008, World Learning has facilitated the placement of more than 2,500 Global UGRAD students at colleges and universities across the United States. Students participate in one semester of non-degree study and leave the US with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. As Global UGRAD alumni, they will become eligible for grants and professional development opportunities exclusively available to alumni of US Department of State Exchange programs.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term left to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 72iBT or IELTS 6.0.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or no prior experience in the United States or in other foreign countries.
- Applicants are required to return directly to their home country upon completion of the program.
- Applicants must be under 25 years of age (at least 18 years of age).
To find more information and to apply, visit the links:
- A complete application package will include the following three items:
- A completed and signed application form, with the following supporting documents:
- One passport-size photo, attached to the first page of the application;
- A copy of the data/photo pages of your passport;
- Official transcripts for each year of university study, with certified translation if applicable;
- Official results of the national general secondary school leaving exam (SSC/HSC/ university transcripts).
- Your personal statement (500-word limit) and written answer to the question included in the online form (400-600 word limit).
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or teachers.
Applications are due on or before Sunday, 4:30 PM, February 28, 2021. You must apply online. Register for the program using this link:
Please review the program requirements prior to starting an application to ensure that you are eligible. Please note that eligibility requirements are determined by the US Department of State and no exceptions can be made.
If after reviewing the application instructions you have additional questions, please contact Tahnia Shahid at The American Center at [email protected].