All the decisions, taken earlier on holding university admission tests for the 2020-21 academic session, have been cancelled, Education Minister Dipu Moni said on Monday.
"After the reopening of the educational institutions, admission tests schedule will be fixed upon discussion," the minister added.
As per a new decision announced by the education minister today, the educational activities of the universities still three months away to be normalised.
"After the reopening of the universities on 24 May, there will be a discussion with all concerned authorities about the admission test. Then the date will be announced," she said.
The admission seekers now have to wait for about four more months to sit for the entrance exams.
On Monday, Dipu Moni announced that the public and private universities will be reopened on 24 May and the residential halls on 17 May.
Besides, no examinations will be taken before the reopening, but online classes will continue, the minister said.