A five-year-old boy was burnt to death and three of his family members were injured when a fire broke out at their house in Mollaparah area of Chattogram on Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Ashraful, son of Amir Hossain.
Alauddin Talukder, sub-inspector of Chittagong Medical College Hospital Police outpost, said four members of the family were injured in the fire that might have originated from an electric short circuit. They were brought to the Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where Ashraful succumbed to his injuries around 7am.
Ashraful's father Amir, 45, mother Khaleda Begum, 30, and elder sister Tania, 7, are undergoing treatment at CMCH.