A man, who suffered burn injuries during an explosion at a flat in Chattogram four days back, died at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in the capital on Wednesday afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Pankaj Dey, 40, residents of Bakalia area in the city.
A total of five people, including Pankaj Dey, suffered burn injuries when the fire broke out following an explosion in the flat on 15 May.
The other injured are - Pradeep Das, 52, Madhusudan Dutta, 45, Jodu Biswas, 55, and Kishore Kumar Dey, 42.
Initially, all of the injured were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) and later transferred to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery for better treatment.
After initial observation, CMCH Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit Head Dr Rafiq Uddin told media that the victims had sustained 40% to 75% burn injuries.
The owner of the house is Pradeep Das and the rest injured are his friends. They were playing cards at Pradeep's house on Saturday night, said CMCH police outpost Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Shilbrata Barua.
The explosion took place when Pradeep lit a gas lighter for cigarettes, leaving five burn injured, added the ASI.