Protesting students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) placed eight-point demands, otherwise threatened to go for tougher movement for justice for Abrar Fahad murder.
Their demands are-
- Ensuring capital punishment of the killers.
- Confirming the permanent suspension of the accused killers from the campus as well as from studentship within 72 hours.
- Fast settlement of the case under Speedy Trial Tribunal.
- The VC must explain why he has not visited the murder spot yet, by being present before the protesters, within this afternoon. Also the directorate of students's welfare head to explain why he fled the scene.
- To suspend all the students who are connected with torturing mentally and physically in the name of ragging the general and students, who hold different opinion. Also the suspension of students related to other incidents happened earlier at Ahsanullah Hall and Suhrawardy Hall within 5pm afternoon of October 11.
- Resignation of the provost of Sher-e-Bangla hall within 5pm of October 11, who was completely unware about using political power to remove students from residential halls.
- Buet must bear the cost of case proceedings and compensate Abrar's family.
- To ban all the kinds of student politics on Buet campus.
Abrar Fahad, 21, a resident of Sher-e-Bangla Hall and a second-year student of Buet, was beaten to death on Monday night by some Chhatra League men over his alleged affiliation with Jamat-e-Islami's student wing Chhatra Shibir.