Three members of a family died from electrocution in Gaibandha's Sundarganj upazila on Friday evening.
The deceased were identified as Rajarul Islam, 35, his mother Rekha Begum, 65, wife of Syed Ali, and nephew Sujan Mia, 13, residents of the Garkulti village of Dhopadanga Union.
Sabur Chowdhury, member of the union parishad said Rajarul came in contact with a live electric wire of Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and electrocuted while he was returning home from field after finishing his work.
As his mother and nephew came to save him, they also electrocuted.
Being rescued by locals, they were taken to district hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
On information, a police team visited the spot, said Abdullah Jaman, officer-in-charge of Sundarganj Police Station.