A father and his son among three people sustained burn injuries in a gas cylinder fire at a restaurant in the capital’s Hazaribagh area on Friday.
The injured were eatery owner Zoynal Abedin, 65, his son Shahid, 40, and a staff named Shajib, 22. They hail from Gonoktuli area.
The gas cylinder caught fire around 12 noon all on a sudden due to a leak in the pipe, leaving them injured, said Shahin, elder son of Zoynal.
The injured were rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
“Shahid’s condition is critical with at least 41 percent burn on his body,” said Parhta Shankar Saha, a resident surgeon of DMCH.